As the non-profit arm of the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, OpenClassrooms.org is uniquely positioned to leverage the latest innovations in education technology to foster inclusiveness, employability, and digital skills development at scale.
After obtaining an initial grant for our first program, we are now recruiting the future leader of the non-profit who will scale up the organization and bring it to its full potential.
● Design and implement a strategy for engaging with foundations and other philanthropic organizations primarily in Europe and North America who align with our values to establish relationships and secure commitments for OC.org support
● Steward relationships with current and future supporters through ongoing and strategic follow-up, communication, and outreach as needed
● Progressively build up a portfolio of grants funding ongoing projects
● Develop and propose concrete projects to philanthropic partners that leverage education technology to foster inclusiveness, employability, and digital skills development at scale, including free online educational content creation, free access to courses, scholarships, job placement solutions, pre-onboarding bootcamps.
● Progressively recruit and scale up a team of program managers who own the execution of the OC.org programs
● In charge of financial management and the organizational budget
● Represent OC.org at events, receptions, and think-tanks linked to our mission
● Develop a framework for impact measurement and reporting
● Design and implement a communication strategy, including online presence, content publication, PR, and social media
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
● Fluent in English; French appreciated
● Minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience in a non-profit organisation or CSR function
● Experience in international fundraising or grant management ●Extensive experience cultivating and managing relationships with high-level donors, including effectively engaging them in the fundraising process. ● Proven track record in creating and executing social impact strategies ●Prior work with foundations, including identifying foundation prospects, cultivating and stewarding foundation relationships, and overseeing the development of proposals; experience writing grants is helpful
● Strong personal passion for education technology, employability, and deep faith in the mission of OC.org
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills
● High level of diplomacy and tact, including an appreciation for confidentiality
● A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves,” action-oriented approach
● Capacity and willingness to function independently in a start-up culture and balance strategic functions with day-to-day management of relevant tasks
● Focus on results, with an honest and ethical approach to achieving these with intelligence, passion, and energy
● Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm