Ever since childhood, you've been fascinated by education, teaching, and learning styles. You've already studied or participated in the worlds of education and technology, and you're passionate about finding ways to bring these two fields together.
At OpenClassrooms, we hire instructional designers to help us innovate and create the foundations of tomorrow's education. Instructional designers use their knowledge of educational theory to help course teachers present material in a compelling, well-researched way so students leave the course with a maximum of knowledge!
You'll be working closely alongside teachers -- the people you see in OpenClassrooms videos who also write course content -- and our academic/business partners.
You'll be the glue that holds the course creation process together by editing content, guiding teachers, and bringing your educational theory to our courses. You'll be in charge of several projects at once.
- Search and recruit talented course teachers for various subjects
- Work closely alongside teachers to produce courses
- Plan the design and implementation of courses, from entire syllabi to individual lessons
- Proofread the course content of teachers or partners
- Apply your knowledge of lesson planning or educational theory
- Monitor course video production
- Stay up to date and curious about educational theory
- Experiment with creative new course formats or styles
- Proven previous experience in Instructional Design
- Native-level in English or French - Advanced English is required no matter what (B2 professional)
- Excellent written expression in your native language
- Previous experience in Project Management ; Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you know how to give constructive criticism and put people at ease
- Problem-solving skills, dedication, ability to function in a fast and highly productive environment
- Total ease with technology and computers in general
- Intrinsic motivation to join a high-growth startup, leading the Edtech field in Europe
Work contract type: CDI - Full time