PHP/Symfony Teacher - Freelance
You love building PHP apps with the Symfony framework, and you love sharing your craft with others, whether it's through blog posts, lessons, or conferences. After all, through your own experience, you know what it takes to be a great developer!
You're able to look at your own career from a distance and see the steps that someone would take to get there. You can break down even the most abstract development concepts into concrete skills and can already imagine fun examples to show learners, from enumerations to error handling! It's your goal to help others along their journeys to becoming pro PHP devs. As far as you're concerned, nothing is unlearnable, and today's beginners are tomorrow's experts.
If this sounds like you, and teaching is a next step you want to take in your development career, bring your dev chops to the OpenClassrooms community as a PHP teacher!
- Identify the skills necessary to become an entry-level PHP developer using the Symfony framework
- Design a PHP learning path consisting of individual courses and projects
- Write the content of the missing courses within the PHP learning path
- Appear in PHP course videos (see some our recent courses for examples)
- Write and produce screencasts
- Perform market research on what companies seek in PHP/Symfony devs
- Consider OpenClassrooms strategy and certification requirements
- Design projects that test students' acquisitions of required skills
- Collaborate with experts as necessary for certain courses
- Collaborate with the OpenClassrooms Education team giving feedback on other course and path subjects! We're a lively international bunch.
- Proven experiences as a PHP developer, whether at a company or as a freelancer
- An interest in sharing your craft (feel free to send us blog posts, conference talks, or anything relevant!)
- Good understanding of PHP development and a willingness to learn what you don't already understand
- Native-level English or French language skills
- Intermediate-level English is required no matter what.
- Excellent written expression in your native language
- Comfort speaking in front of a camera
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you know how to give constructive criticism and put people at ease
- Motivation to join a high-growth startup
- And an interest in French cuisine! If you don’t know anything about it, we’d be happy to introduce it to you.
Note: since video is such an important part of a compelling course, please send us anything that might help us understand how you communicate in front of a camera (or audience) if you have it!
This is a freelance role.