Tech Lead teacher - Freelance
Having an understanding of tech basics is crucial these days, but you recognize that it's even better to have a wide range of tech skills that help someone integrate into almost any tech role. You love working in tech teams and believe that anyone is capable of learning the tech basics necessary to succeed in IT. Through your own experience, you know what it takes to be a tech expert!
You're able to look at your own career from a distance and see the steps that someone would take to get there. You can break down even the most abstract development concepts into concrete skills and can already imagine fun examples to show learners, from mobile development mentalities to tech team leadership! It's your goal to help others along their journeys to becoming tech experts. As far as you're concerned, nothing is unlearnable, and today's beginners are tomorrow's experts.
If this sounds like you, and teaching is a next step you want to take in your development career, bring your dev chops to the OpenClassrooms community as a teacher for our Tech Lead learning path!
- Identify the skills necessary to become a competent member (and leader) of a tech team
- Write the content of courses within the Tech Lead learning path
- Appear in course videos (see some our recent courses for examples)
- Write and produce screencasts
- Perform market research on what companies seek in tech team members
- Consider OpenClassrooms strategy and certification requirements
- Design projects that test students' acquisitions of required skills
- Collaborate with experts as necessary for certain courses
- Collaborate with the OpenClassrooms Education team giving feedback on other course and path subjects! We're a lively international bunch.
- Proven experience as a tech lead, whether at a company or as a freelancer
- An interest in sharing your craft (feel free to send us blog posts, conference talks, or anything relevant!)
- A willingness to learn what you don't already understand
- Native-level spoken and written English
- Comfort speaking in front of a camera
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you know how to give constructive criticism and put people at ease
- Motivation to join a high-growth startup
- Note: since video is such an important part of a compelling course, please send us anything that might help us understand how you communicate in front of a camera (or audience) if you have it!
This is a freelance role.