OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count 10 000 persons among our degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
Join Openclassrooms’ data team and help us shape a better world thanks to your ability to manipulate large datasets into meaningful insights.
You will develop structured datasets, modelize KPIs and build both monitoring dashboards and ad-hoc reportings to help teams take data-driven decisions.
You will report to the Data Director with a team of 6 data analysts and collaborate closely with data engineers.
You will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms, partnering across many departments inc. Sales, Marketing, Education, Student Success, Tech, to ensure data accuracy, and to enhance and automate reports. This is a unique opportunity to go beyond classic business performance data but also work on learning analytics, education research whitepapers, national and international education datasets. It is a very rewarding and challenging role to help us in our mission to make education accessible and increase our students’ chance of finding a job.
Ready for a thrilling adventure?
The overall responsibilities of the Data Analyst, are:
- Collect, challenge and define data needs with stakeholders and translate them into end-to-end SQL tables
- Work on ETL/ELT flows and modelize SQL tables in collaboration with data engineers to improve the data warehouse architecture
- Automate monitoring dashboards in Tableau about the company’s key data points and indicators
- Deliver insights on the performance of our product through ad-hoc reporting, analysis and articulate data-driven strategies to the team
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific mindset
- Fluent in SQL ; good knowledge of data-warehouse principles
- Coding skills (python) are a plus
- Experience in data manipulation flows (DBT or similar ELT/ETL tool required)
- Proficiency in data visualization (Tableau or similar)
- Understanding of the Salesforce objects structure is an advantage
- Possess the ability to explain problems and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good collaboration skills through open-mindedness, communication and organization
DESIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Professional experience in data analysis
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification welcome
- Experience at similar sized high-growth International business (300-400 employees) or in similar sector (EdTech) advantageous
- Fluent English and C1 level French
You will report to a Data Analyst, being part of a team of 4 data analysts and 1 web analyst.
We plan face to face meetings with:
- Ursula (HR Team Member) (30 min)
- Technical assessment : 2 SQL exercises - around 30-45 minutes each - that will be discussed during the next interview
- David + someone from the Tech/Data team (45 min)
- 2 members from the tech/data team
- Two team members for culture fit interview
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 3 professional references’ contact details.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!