DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
We have recently announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Product and Tech team in Paris. The team focuses on building our educational platform to make our students successful.
As a leader in this part of the organisation, technical leadership and a background in software development are important to be able to challenge and grow our engineers. However, the role is at the same time people-first and technology first.
Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that your team members are growing, performing well, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at OpenClassrooms. You’ll work together with other leads to build strong teams, provide technical leadership, and ensure we have a world-class engineering organisation.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to work across the larger organisation on different challenging projects.
- Work with engineers on the development of their technical, personal and leadership skills.
- Make sure they are challenged from day one in the right way and placed in a context that allows them to be effective.
- Build and manage a team of developers dedicated to fulfilling our educational mission and ambition.
- Participate in software architecture discussions.
- Establish and evangelise around good development practices in software within the team but also within the company (Clean Code, TDD, CI / CD, automation test etc.).
- Work closely with product managers, agile coaches and other stakeholders to deliver courses, international quality programs and platform.
- In collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team, contribute to attract, hire, welcome and retain diverse and relevant candidates.
You will report directly to the CTO.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- Developing a team is something you enjoy and excel at, thanks to your leadership, coaching and mentoring experience.
- You have a genuine willingness to help people develop and improve.
- Your excellent communication allows you to build healthy relationships around
- You thrive in an environment that promotes trust and respect, to help team members and the business to grow.
- You keep yourself abreast about development best practices and you are passionate about continuous improvement.
- You have significant experience in leading a team within a complex tech company, working on a product with a number of growing users, using agile methods.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
- The journey starts with an introductory call with an Engineering Manager
- Then you will be invited to work on a Case Study to validate your practical job-related skills
- This will be followed by a videoconference with other team members
- Then you will meet with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- For the very final round, you will meet with our CTO to understand the Tech Team’s vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask any remaining questions
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!