OpenClassrooms is a company with a mission that has set itself the ambition of making education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to have been certified B Corp (an international label that distinguishes impact companies) and to have joined the French “ Great Place to Work ” ranking in April. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second year in a row.
Very recently, we announced a new fundraising round of $ 80 million. This will allow us to invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible around the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
There are those who piece together scripts they found left and right, and there are those who really dive into purposeful code. You want to be part of the second category: those who design the code of tomorrow’s applications!
You believe there’s no point in rushing. Using the latest, quickest framework or language isn't the solution to everything. Real, robust code requires a lot of thinking and testing, and it should be easy to update without risks!
We use PHP, Symfony, PostgreSQL, Algolia, and other tools to develop services via REST APIs. Each piece of code is carefully built, tested, and reviewed with love by another developer.
We also use Clean Architecture, TDD, clean code principles, the boyscout rule among others.
Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, other Backend and Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer.
You want to know more about our team? Check out our Tech blog!
- Build robust, real-time updated connections between different solutions used by our education platform, while minimising dependencies.
You will work cross-team to develop new features
You will propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product and assess their impact
You will interact with your teammates via peer programming and review, development workload refinement, and evaluation
You will contribute ideas to improve our engineering standards and processes
You will be reporting to an Engineering Manager.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are passionate about application architecture, including concepts like clean architecture and design patterns
- Continuous integration and deployment is the best way of working for you
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You are good at conveying ideas to the team both orally and in writing, in French and in English
- You have at least 4 years’ experience as a backend developer
- You are experienced with REST APIs and familiar with technologies such as PHP, Symfony, PostgreSQL, PHPUnit, Git, Composer, among others
- You have a proven experience working within a team on long term applications
- You have worked in an Agile environment, with a CI/CD pipeline
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a culture based on agility, openness, respect and performance
- Competitive salary
- Mutual fund fully paid by OpenClassrooms and free access to a medical teleconsultation platform
- Access to vocational training supported by OpenClassrooms
- Reimbursement of transport costs (Navigo Pass paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Swile restaurant voucher card (contribution from OpenClassrooms to the maximum authorized by law)
- Gymlib subscription paid by OpenClassrooms
- Unlimited leave and after one year of seniority, bonus of 1000 euros once a year for taking more than 15 consecutive days of leave
- Possibility of working remotely (“Remote first” policy)
- A company MacBook
- First exchange with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Videoconference interview with the person in charge of the position
- An exchange about your technical skills with the Tech team
- Video-conference interview with 2 people from your future team and/or cross-functional teams
- Exchange with our CTO to expose you to the challenges to Tech
- At the end of the recruitment process, we will ask you to provide us with professional references
Intrigued? Let's get acquainted! Apply today - we are waiting for your application!
Do not hesitate to consult our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms, in order to better understand our mission, our culture and the composition of our teams.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a company eligible for the French Tech visa program. This means that applicants of foreign origin can benefit from an accelerated procedure for submitting an application for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. They can also benefit from a simplified “accompanying family” procedure to welcome their spouse and minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking on new challenges, meeting amazing people every week and being a player in innovation and education in France and around the world!