OpenClassrooms is a company with a mission that has set itself the ambition of making education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
At OpenClassrooms, Frontend Engineers enjoy making our users’ lives easier and know how to add that extra something that makes people want to thank them every day!
Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, Backend, other Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer. You will report to an Engineering Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Write frontend unit tests (Jest)
- Review and comment on your teammates’ pull requests
- Design a user interface with strong components
- Optimize page rendering
- Propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product
- Assess the impact of your ideas
- Evaluate development workloads
You will be reporting to an Engineering Manager.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB If
- You love optimizing, especially on high-traffic websites
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- You have a strong experience in building interactive interfaces and integrate animations
- You are familiar with technologies such as :
- You know about accessibility and love making a page accessible to everyone
- You have already worked with product designers
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in English (French would be a plus)
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a culture based on agility, openness, respect and performance
- Competitive salary
- Mutual fund fully paid by OpenClassrooms and free access to a medical teleconsultation platform
- Access to vocational training supported by OpenClassrooms
- Reimbursement of transport costs (Navigo Pass paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Swile restaurant voucher card (contribution from OpenClassrooms to the maximum authorized by law)
- Gymlib subscription paid by OpenClassrooms
- Unlimited leave and after one year of seniority, bonus of 1000 euros once a year for taking more than 15 consecutive days of leave
- Possibility of working remotely (“Remote first” policy)
- A ccompany MacBook
- First exchange with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Videoconference interview with the person in charge of the position
- An exchange about your technical skills with the Tech team
- Video-conference interview with 2 people from your future team and/or cross-functional teams
- Exchange with our CTO to expose you to the challenges to Tech
- At the end of the recruitment process, we will ask you to provide us with professional references
Intrigued? Let's get acquainted! Apply today - we are waiting for your application!
Do not hesitate to consult our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms, in order to better understand our mission, our culture and the composition of our teams.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a company eligible for the French Tech visa program. This means that applicants of foreign origin can benefit from an accelerated procedure for submitting an application for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. They can also benefit from a simplified “accompanying family” procedure to welcome their spouse and minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking on new challenges, meeting amazing people every week and being a player in innovation and education in France and around the world!