DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
We have recently announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As a Senior member, you’ll join the Product Design team which is already composed of a wide variety of profiles: Product Designers, UX Researchers and UX writers.
Your role will be to envision how people experience OpenClassrooms in terms of usability, usefulness, and interaction design. Using your prior knowledge and experience - alongside our data - you’ll provide useful analysis to improve the OpenClassrooms platform, and design a flawless user journey. You’ll work in a squad, alongside Product Managers and developers to bring that vision to life.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will also aim at spreading the Product Design culture inside OpenClassrooms' cross teams and make sure that the best practices are always in place when designing our product.
What will you do?
- You'll conduct benchmarks, run and monitor user tests and be able to map our users & customers journey
- You'll lead team brainstorming and design critique sessions
- You'll propose new ideas and work on them with the PM of your squad, in order to bring them to the roadmap
- You'll design the interface (wireframing, web and mobile prototyping etc.)
- You'll follow style guide, branding and our Design System assets (based on Material Design) on all projects
- You'll upkeep and maintain our design system in Figma & Zeroheight
- You'll work on large design projects from start to finish, on Responsive web as well as the native mobile application
- You'll uphold AA Accessibility design standards
- You'll ensure that developers have all the necessary assets to integrate your design
- You'll present and defend your ideas in front of the team and will participate in features and design meetings, with ideas eventually reaching our 2.5 million users across the world
- As a Senior member of the team, you will also be in charge of helping out your colleagues by answering their questions and making sure they follow the right track on a day to day basis
Reports to the Product Design Director
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
You are used to working with a design system in place and know how to make it evolve.
- You are able to combine strategic thinking and operational excellence.
- You have already participated to the evangelization of the Product Design culture in your previous work experience
- You are autonomous, you know and ensure the best practices and you are an example to follow inside a team
- You have at least 7 years of experience in product design, UX design or UI Design
- You have an excellent knowledge of UX methodologies and strong skills in interface design
- You master Figma as a design and prototyping tool
- You prototype your ideas, in low and high fidelity
- Curious & passionate, you see the world in components, patterns and user interactions
- You have experience working with native IOS and/or Android
- You are familiar with fundamentals of graphic design such as colour theory, contrast and composition and with AA Accessibility design standards
- You can communicate orally and in writing, both in French and English
- You flourish to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- An experience in Learning design and or data viz will be a real advantage
- You are also recognized as an expert in Product Design by the community
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
- The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!