DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
We have recently announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a Frontend Integrator who believes no real website can be built without giving careful consideration to its HTML and CSS to create great usability and accessibility. We are looking for an Integrator able to work in strong collaboration with designers and web marketers, speaking their languages as well as their own.
At OpenClassrooms, Frontends enjoy making our users’ journey easier and know how to add that extra something that makes people want to thank them every day.
Today, we are looking for a Frontend Integrator to join our Acquisition squad. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, Backends, other Frontends and a QA Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Product Designers and the Marketing Team to create components and landing pages following the Marketing Design System and the brand guidelines
- Create user interface with strong components
- Optimize HTML for SEO purposes
- Review and comment on your teammates’ pull requests
- Optimize page rendering and own its accessibility
- Propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product
- Assess the impact of your ideas
- Evaluate development workloads
You will be reporting to an Engineering Manager.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF :
- You love optimizing, especially on high-traffic websites
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- You have plenty of experience with HTML and CSS
- You have already worked with React
- You have good knowledge of web design
- You know about accessibility and how to make a page accessible to everyone
- You have good knowledge of the principles of usability and interaction with the web and mobile devices
- Ideally you have already worked with Product Designers
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in English (French would be a plus)
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
After your application you will:
- Get in touch with one of our Engineering Manager over the phone
- Discuss your technical skills with 2 of our Frontend Engineers
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
- You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!