DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
We have recently announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Join OpenClassrooms as the Director of Data Analytics & Business Insights and help us shape a better world thanks to your ability to structure and transform large and complex data-sets into meaningful insights.
As an experienced leader in this domain, you will articulate and deliver the Company’s data analytics and business insights strategy and roadmap in collaboration with OpenClassrooms’ Leadership and the data engineering team which sits within our tech department. You will leverage your experience and industry best practice/ innovation to develop clear and well-structured data and analytical plans and produce both high-level and in-depth analyses with appropriate and insightful trend commentary which can be the basis for tangible actions and strategic decisions.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for a central data team of 2 data analysts and one web analyst currently, which has vocation to grow in the coming months.
The ideal candidate will be willing to work in European time zone but can be based remotely.
You will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms, partnering across the business’ top management and executives within many departments inc. Sales, Marketing, Education, Student Success, Tech, HR, Legal and Finance to ensure data accuracy, and to enhance and automate data and analytics into meaningful insights.
This is a unique opportunity to work not just on classic business performance data but also on learning analytics, education research whitepapers, national and international education datasets. It is a very rewarding and challenging role to help us in our mission to make education accessible and increase our students’ chance of finding a job.
Ready for a thrilling adventure?
The overall responsibilities of the Director, Data Analytics & Business Insights, are:
- To build and manage a high performance Data Analytics and Business Insights team
- Help the team to learn and grow, focusing on continual performance improvement, change management, and coaching
- Define and review global KPIs with main stakeholders, formalise and fix definitions, and make them available through Tableau business intelligence software
- Collaborate with tech team and business to build and develop our global end-to-end data strategy
- Create processes to run and perform deep-dive analysis to better understand our customers behaviors, improve our operational/ financial/commercial/impact effectiveness and make strategic recommendations to the business
- Automate reporting to stakeholders including management about the company’s key data points and indicators
- Handle the Google Analytics structure and analysis
- Setup and manage the Google Marketing Platform integrations
- Handle the Google Tag Manager tool
- Create a better process to implement all the third-party tags through Google Tag Manager
- Understand the global data architecture in coordination with the engineering and product teams and contribute to its setup and optimisation
- Contribute to definition of data flow process and structure, monitor data consistency in collaboration with the data team and the automation squad
- Leverage existing tools like Dataiku and Tableau and consider alternative ones that could add value
Reports to CFO
- Proven strong leadership ability and experienced data evangelist
- Established ability to develop relationships and effectively communicate across functional areas and various levels of management and business stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and IT skills with track record of delivering data-driven value to fast growth scaling companies
- Ability to build up the data analysis environment, translating business needs into data analytics requirements and understanding the impact / usage of data for decision making purposes at the business level (overall and team level). Link up data to real life actions that the business can take
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Python and Pandas; SQL; data-warehouse principles, data flows and technical data structuration.
- Experience of Tableau, Dataiku and Salesforce objects structure is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics / Google tag manager and the Google Marketing Platform is a plus
- Experience on advanced data structures (3NF, star-schema …)
- Possess strong business and commercial acumen and the ability to explain problems and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter with excellent organizational and management skills and a track-record of success
DESIRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have already led a Data Analytics and Business Insights team
- Experience at similar sized high-growth International business (experience scaling from ~300 employees to 500 and from there toward 1,000 valuable) or in similar sector (EdTech) advantageous
- Confident C1 minimum English level, C2 preferable, and B2 level French preferable
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
For the 1st round of interviews we plan interviews with:
- Magdalena, Talent Acquisition Partner
- Laela, CFO
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a Data Analytics and Business Insights assessment in English to be done at home (2 hours)
For the final round, we plan interviews with:
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager
- Interview with two c-team members to discuss about broad data requirements as well as Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms
- Meet with CFO
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 3 professional references’ contact details.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎