DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
We have recently announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As the International Marketing & Launch Director, you will lead and develop all marketing activities to support our international development, with a specific focus on the US and UK markets:
- Oversee and execute on OpenClassrooms’ expansion plans in these new markets, as a key person responsible for launching marketing operations, and a key contributor to our international development workstreams.
- Set up the business for growth in new markets in sync with the centralized marketing team based in France. You will be responsible for creating the marketing playbook for launching and scaling our different business lines, growing awareness of our product and offering across a B2C and B2B audience and supporting sales & students recruitment activities.
- Develop and share strategic marketing plans, communicate on your key initiatives and report on impact and performance to stakeholders and all cross-functional partners.
- Map new international development opportunities in new markets and contribute to pre-launch strategic planning in sync with the sales & marketing ops team.
- Build and maintain a network of local partners, including marketing agencies and develop relevant local partnerships to grow brand awareness and pipeline generation
- Be and act as the go-to-person for all International Marketing related activities and engage with the various teams at OpenClassrooms to share your knowledge of local markets, collect input and build recommendations on how to foster our development.
- Build and maintain a set up of local customers insights to support sales & marketing plans and feed product marketing and sales enablement teams so the respective teams can conduct further user research and develop the appropriate sales collateral.
- Contribute and share best practices with our central marketing teams.
- Recruit, build and lead a team of local marketeers. You will contribute to defining hiring needs in each market and bringing on top talent to help execute on the day-to-day.
- Lead by example and establish a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment.
This job will report to the VP Marketing.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are a self-starter. You are excited about leading an entrepreneurial project from scratch and developing an existing business in a new market.
- Building and managing strong relationships with cross functional teams and external partners is one of your key drivers. You have great interpersonal skills.
- You know how to build a 6/12/18-month marketing plan but you are also able to be tactical, flexible and leverage immediate opportunities.
- You are able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- You enjoy working with numbers, you have an analytical mindset and you detail your reasoning and strategy backed by clear metrics and Excel models.
- You have a builder mentality and are able to roll up your sleeves, analyse data, pull key insights and share business recommendations with the team.
- You are passionate about making a difference and by the fast-growth of the education sector. You are looking to develop your professional profile in the industry.
- At least 10 years of experience, including 5 in a scale-up, start-up or entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong experience in working with cross-functional teams, located in multiple countries.
- Prior people management experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including local partners, marketing agencies etc.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications operations in a multinational and matrix organization.
- C1 / C2 English level with ideally French fluency.
- Prior experience and / or knowledge of the education management industry in the US and / or UK is a strong plus.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality.
- A competitive salary.
- Pension plan: employer gross contribution 9%.
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 50% for the family (no vision and dental).
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms.
- Our insurance provider Vitality Health offers a 50% off of the GYM plan on most Gym in London.
- Modern Central London office space when needed for meetings/days in London (Holborn).
- PTO 20 days + additional time off offered. After one year at OpenClassrooms, a 1,000£ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken.
- “Remote First” work policy.
- A company MacBook.
- The journey starts with a phone interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager (20 min).
- Then a face-to-face (virtual) meeting with Matthieu Pouget-Abadie, our VP Marketing (1 hour).
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills ( 1,5 hour); you will be asked to present your case to the VP marketing and another member of the international team.
- For the very final round, you will meet other individuals within OpenClassrooms’ leadership team.
- You will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!