DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count 10 000 persons among our degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
Testing is evaluating a product by learning about it through exploration and experimentation, which includes to some degree: questioning, study, modelling, observation, inference,... (and plenty of other stuff).
We are looking for a Quality Engineer, in charge of exploratory testing and implementing test automation. We are seeking a problem-solver and an idea-maker who is able to anticipate both technical and business issues. You will join a new squad with a Product Manager, Product Designer, Solution Manager, Backend and Frontend Developers.
Our mission is to accelerate the achievement of shippable quality that makes education accessible.
Our philosophy and principles:
Modern Testing / Quality Assistance
- Rapid Software Testing
- Early Testing (Shift left)
- Executable Specifications (BDD Gherkin)
- Ubiquitous Language
- Design System (Visual Testing)
Your primary responsibility is to drive the quality we expect from our product and therefore allow our users to always keep learning whenever and wherever they want!
In this role, you will:
- Take part in the projects from their designing to their deployment
- Analyse needs and requirements
- Perform exploratory testing
- Write automated tests (Web, API and iOS) and review the other code
- Participate in the improvement of the processes
- Collaborate with the team to build the expected solutions
- Share your knowledge with the existing Quality Engineering Team
- Participate in stand-up meetings, commitments, tech analysis, retrospectives, kickoffs
This job will report to the Quality Manager.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have experience developing automated software tests (We use PHP with Codeception, Selenium, Appium)
- You have excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies & practices
- You have a strong understanding of web and REST APIs
- You are proficient in SQL
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give/receive feedback
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
5+ years of experience in a Software Quality Engineer role.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
- The journey starts with a first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!