DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
THE TEAM & ROLE
The role of the International Employers team within OpenClassrooms is to identify and execute international expansion and develop new areas of business. The team works across Europe, the US and AsiaPac with employers, academic partners and public/social bodies to provide and grow job-ready talent to employers.
In order to achieve our mission and growth ambitions, we are now recruiting for a Senior Account Executive who will help us scale OpenClassrooms in the US. You will be helping employers to reskill employees into new positions internally or transition to new careers in high demand sectors (Outskilling) with a key focus on utilising apprenticeships.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-motivated and skilled sales professional with a passion for independently finding and growing a new corporate customer base. You will hold over 5 years of senior sales and business development experience in the US, within a high growth business or markets selling into large employers and corporations (experience in apprenticeship sales is highly desirable)
As a Senior Account Executive, your responsibilities will be to:
- Identify and win business with new employer clients through ongoing and strategic prospection and follow-up
- Leverage our global customer base to cross-sell in the US
- Represent OpenClassrooms at industry and sector events to build a network and leads
- Own, nurture and close qualified leads generated by business development reps (Social, email and phone campaigns)
- Produce generic and partner-specific proposals, concept papers, presentations and marketing documents that communicate the core concepts of our strategy, mission, impact, and products to multiple audiences
- Manage and write complex proposals that require coordination between multiple teams
- Provide compelling product and service demonstrations to bring our proposition to life
- Steward relationships with current and future customers through ongoing and strategic follow-up, communication, and outreach
- Manage your own pipeline and maintain a high standard of data quality in our CRM system
- Proactively engage and work collaboratively with Marketing, Comms and Education teams to enhance market positioning and product fit over time
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Passion for seeking and securing new relationships with senior stakeholders to secure new customers and sales bookings
- Strong consultative selling skills with a sales over-achievement track record
- Experience and ideally an existing network in the US apprenticeship, Bootcamp, vocational training, tech recruitment or education technology sector (Sales experience to HR stakeholders is a be a big plus)
- Excellent business writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Extensive experience in a role that requires significant writing in support of complex projects is preferred (consulting, pre-sales, consultative sales, partnerships)
- Business acumen, analytical ability with a data-driven approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to thrive and develop relationships in fast-paced, collaborative, and ambiguous environments
- A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves,” action-oriented approach
- Strong personal passion for education, technology, employability and a strong belief in the mission of OpenClassrooms.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR US EMPLOYEES
- A mission-driven company with venture capital backing to scale our offer globally
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A highly competitive salary and sales commission plan
- Dental and Vision: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- 401K (pension): the company matches up to 5%
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Parental & family leave (Maternity Leave Package)
- PTO 20 Days and additional vacation days. After 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a $1,000 premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community and have the “Great Place to Work” label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply now and be part of the revolution of education!