DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
We're looking for an outstanding leader for our US business development to join our senior leadership in the Employers function. Our aim is to help to upskill and reskill the American workforce of the future.
The Vice President US Employers will lead the strategy, planning, and implementation of our overall go-to-market plan in the US, and be responsible for helping us achieve both our commercial, team, and impact goals The RVP will build and manage a high performing direct sales team working with US Employers, and also have a transversal general management role to holistically lead our US business development, coordinating all relevant workstreams across areas such as accreditation, product, marketing, finance, legal, admin, HR, and operations.
Under your leadership, the US Employer team will drive revenue growth and client acquisition through new business development by deeply understanding how OpenClassrooms can partner best with employers, funding bodies, and the public sectors across the US.
As the Senior General Manager of the US, transversely lead all US related workstreams and will:
- Design the shape and tone of the US sales and back-office operation to fully represent our culture and values, and support our success
- Collaborate across the global business with Sales Ops, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, HR and the Global Ops team to ensure the successful implementation of the full set of our capabilities required to implement the US strategy
- Reshape and close deals that meet thresholds of commercial and student success, as well as engaging brands which help us grow our profile and reputation
- Provide insights and the leadership that help OpenClassrooms evolve its US value proposition to become the leading solution for Apprenticeships for US Employers
- Lead the recruitment, onboarding and ongoing coaching of the US direct sales team, building the foundation of our future US business unit
- Maintain and build rapport with senior executives to formulate strong, long-term business relationships through ongoing and strategic follow-up, communication, and outreach
- Own the sales quota for the region; Develop and maintain the pipeline for the US according to targets, and provide clear and accurate forecasting and reporting of sales activities and outcomes
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations and coordinate and drive the development of winning sales proposals
- Manage and write complex proposals that require coordination between multiple teams across multiple geographies
- Lead negotiation of prices and contracts, and understand the legal ramifications of US corporate contracting
- Deliver a high standard of data quality in Salesforce on customers and opportunities
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of OpenClassrooms’ product and service offering, pricing structure, contract management parameters, policies, and procedures
- Represent OpenClassrooms at key industry events and be an embodiment of our mission and values
- Be a valued member of our leadership team and help us drive the culture and success of the business across all geographies, products, and sectors.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- Sales leader with a track record (15+ years) of managing business development teams that exceed quota on a regular basis
- Strategic thinker with a proven record of holistic and collaborative working with their key peers to drive growth in new markets and products
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to coach sales professionals to high performance
- Excellent business writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Oversight of complex projects is preferred (consulting, pre-sales, consultative sales, partnerships)
- Business acumen, analytical ability with a data-driven approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated project management skills with a love of getting things done
- A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves,” action-oriented approach with colleagues and clients
- Understanding and experience of market-building and growth in a highly competitive market, at speed.
- Corporate / Start-up / Scale-up B2B sales leader with 10+ years of experience managing large multi-state quota-carrying teams
- Multi-channel sales experience (including a combination of inside sales, field sales, indirect sales, e-commerce experience)
- Ability to thrive and develop relationships in fast-paced, collaborative, and ambiguous environments
- Advanced (minimum C1 level) in English; French appreciated
- Believes in the mission of OpenClassrooms and the impact of education on individuals and economies
- Experience within Corporate Education and HR ecosystems
Nice to haves:
- General management experience or P&L responsibility
- Government and Public sales experience
- Higher Education or professional training sector experience
- Strong personal passion for education technology, employability, and talent development
- Worked collaboratively with colleagues across different continents, cultures and time-zones
- Start-up / Scale-up experience
- Sold web-based or SaaS products into corporate clients
- At ease with Salesforce, Microsoft & Google office suites, Slack & Notion
WHY JOIN US
- A mission-driven company with venture capital backing to scale our offer globally
- A chance to play a founding fathers role in our US ambitions
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A highly competitive salary and sales commission plan
- Dental and Vision: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- 401K (pension): the company matches up to 5%
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Parental & family leave (Maternity Leave Package)
- PTO 20 Days and additional vacation days. After 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a $1,000 premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply now and be part of the revolution of education!