DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As our Technology Operations Manager/Tech Chief of Staff, you will facilitate and drive the different non-technical operations of the Technology Department.
You will work closely with the team, the Technology Management Team, and the CTO.
The Technology Management team is composed of: our CTO, Engineering Managers, the Quality Director, Solution Director, Product Design Director and VP of Business Technology
Your role will consist of supporting these five key pillars:
- Technology Management Team
- Technology Organisation Design and Deployment,
- Technology Processes and Improvements,
- Technology Insights and Intelligence,
- Technology Operation Management.
In your scope, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the CTO and the team to roll out internal initiatives
- Helping the Technology Management team build the vision and the missions of their team, and assist them in their communication
- Overseeing daily operations through collaboration with the CTO and the Tech Management team
- Helping the Team, the managers, and the Technology recruiters manage the organisation ramp-up (planning, headcount allocation, hiring, onboarding)
- Partnering closely with the Tech Management team and the People team to grow the soft and hard skills of the department
- Ensuring that all OpenClassrooms employees understand the key projects the Technology department is working on and make sure the teams are accountable for those deliverables
- Helping the Tech Management team write executive documents
- Leveraging and improving current processes to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Looking over current KPIs to suggest improvements
This position is a brand-new role, therefore your experiences and ideas will be key to shape it over time.
This role will report to Romain, CTO of OpenClassrooms.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU:
- Want to have an impact on the whole Technology department of a mission-driven scale up.
- Enjoy juggling between strategic and operational discussions on a wide variety of topics
- Are passionate about the Technology's ecosystem and mindset
- Care a lot about sharing good practices and want to create visibility for your team via articles, podcasts, or conferences.
YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Have at least 5 years of Project Management experience covering a large variety of topics, including KPIs, communication, organisation, knowledge management, vision and budget
- Have experience facilitating workshops
- Are familiar with agile and lean methodologies
- The Tech world has no secret for you
- Are an expert in planning, oversee and making cross-functional projects successful
- Are recognized for your ability to convince and gather key stakeholders around a vision
- Have excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for details
- Are constantly looking for new ways of doing things better
- Value Presentation and Design
- Can communicate effectively in English. French would be a plus
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
- The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!