DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As we scale, grow our teams, and develop our activities in new countries, we decided to reorganize the HR department into 4 different teams: Talent Acquisition, People Success, People Operations and People Experience.
As our first Head of Compensation & Benefits, you will work together with the People Operations Director to build and scale strong, transparent and efficient total rewards culture and practices, so that OpenClassrooms can continue to attract & retain global talents.
In this role, you will:
- Design our compensation, equity, and benefits strategy globally so that our total reward policy is competitive;
- Structure our compensation band model and drive our salary transparency initiative;
- Lead our annual compensation & benefits review;
- Develop & deliver a clear communication strategy to ensure that all our team members understand our total rewards strategy;
- Partner with the other HR teams to build simple, effective, efficient & scalable processes, including but not limited to: internal mobility and performance management;
- Partner with 3 People Success Partners covering different areas of the business, to address many topics related to Compensation and Benefits;
- Establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics;
- Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
You will report to our newly recruited People Operations Director.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have an analytical mindset and have a great relationship with data - gathering and interpreting it;
- You have experience in a similar role, you are experienced and/or excited to work in a scale-up business environment;
- You enjoy building strong relationships with stakeholders and working as part of a team;
- You recognise yourself in our values: Care, Dare, Persist and Tell it like it is;
- Understanding of both European and US C&B markets
- Fluent in English and French
- Bonus: experience in a scale-up environment
WHY JOIN US
- A mission-driven company with venture capital backing to scale our offer globally
- A chance to play a founding fathers role in our US ambitions
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A highly competitive salary and sales commission plan
- Dental and Vision: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- 401K (pension): the company matches up to 5%
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Parental & family leave (Maternity Leave Package)
- PTO 20 Days and additional vacation days. After 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1,000$ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
- The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!