DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As a Product Manager in the Learning Products team, you’ll be a product manager for our educational content. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of our enterprise code catalogue in French. This includes all enterprise code courses in French (including Java, .NET, Salesforce, and much more), paths, apprenticeships, and more.
For example, you could notice that a new Java security framework is becoming all the rage, and enterprise employers are looking to hire candidates with this skill. You could then research this trend, measure it, and perform classic product activities like benchmarking, interviews, and more. You could then propose that we respond to this market need with a content solution, like a new course about the security framework! You’d track the course production to ensure that we make the best course possible and measure its success once it’s out in the world.
Our mission in Learning Products is to ensure the product/market fit of our educational content so that we only produce courses and projects that learners love and the job market really needs. The Learning Products team brings together a vibrant and creative team of product leaders like you, video directors, project managers, instructional, graphic & motion designers, and a growing network of subject matter experts to craft world-class online learning experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a product manager in a new context with measurable positive social impact.
Your role will span across 3 main areas of responsibility:
Product Strategy: As the owner of a section of the content catalogue you will be responsible for defining a strategic roadmap, and maximizing the business and career outcomes of your product portfolio. In other words, you will be expected to translate the company’s mission and overall strategy into a compelling product vision.
Production Management: Together with the relevant team members, you will also be responsible for turning your vision into tangible learning products that customers can enjoy. In order to do that, you will lead small production teams throughout content delivery by kicking off production with clear requirements, managing scope, growing a pool of high-profile SMEs, and alleviating roadblocks when needed. Your goal here will be for content to be released on time, meeting requirements and without exceeding budget or the team production capacity.
Revenue Enablement: Working hand-in-hand with Product Marketing and Sales Ops you will define the best go-to-market strategies, and support Account Executives in bringing your products to customers. As a result, you will be expected to regularly meet directly with clients in high-stake situations to pitch our solutions and by doing so gather customer insights to feedback into your content strategy and specifications.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
- Product strategy and delivery
- Content strategy and delivery
- Market research
- Product culture
- Outcome > process
- Leadership > management
- Team > function
- Customer > everything
- Intrapersonal ease: you’re a fast-learner, ruthless prioritizer, and can see the big picture while remaining sensitive to details;
- Interpersonal: you’re a convincing communicator, a cheerleader for your products, and a dedicated team player;
- Problem-solving: you can think critically and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
Language skills: Fluent in French and in English (C1 minimum, C2 preferred).
- All educational backgrounds are welcome.
- Previous product experience is required, whether it’s technical (feature development with engineers and designers) or content-based (content strategy relative to stakeholder and company goals).
- Previous Java coding experience (preference for Java, but .NET, Salesforce, and other enterprise coding profiles are welcome)
- Demonstrable passion for coding
- Past exposure to B2B and B2G environments
- Passion for education and a desire to support learners
- Experience in digital learning, mass media, or other content powerhouses is a strong plus.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
- The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking up challenges, meeting awesome people every week, and changing the world, a little bit, every day!