DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth, and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As the company continues rapidly expanding and striving for continuous improvement, we are growing our FP&A team to strengthen our reporting, forecasting, and budgeting activity. We are looking to bring onboard financial analysts who can add real value as business partners internally and in reporting to our external investors and other stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Consolidate and analyze our monthly reporting of KPIs and financials - working closely with stakeholders in different departments across the business ;
- Be closely involved and in some cases lead the monthly forecast update process and budgeting exercises for the Global Operations division ;
- Be able to contribute and support the monthly accounts close process as required ;
- Use Anaplan as the company’s FP&A tool and where relevant be involved in the design and implementation of linking and automating Anaplan to other systems including Tableau, Netsuite, Salesforce, etc ;
- Work closely with the various teams (product, data, etc.) to produce, integrate and automate real-time reporting & dashboards ;
- Turn existing time-consuming processes into sustainable and scalable automated tasks when possible ;
- Constantly improve our processes to steer our analysis towards impact and action ;
- Formulate relevant recommendations to increase our revenues and optimize our costs, in line with our company objectives ;
- Support in the development of sustainable headcount reporting and forecasting working with the HR and business teams.
You will report to our Director FP&A
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a high-level command of Excel and knowledge of Financial ERPs & other tools, ideally Anaplan ;
- You demonstrate outstanding analytical skills, “digital” mindset. You are agile and hands-on with high attention to detail and committed to making an impact ;
- You are fluent in English. French would be advantageous but not essential ;
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a team player spirit and are inquisitive by nature with a willingness to learn and bring about change.
- At least 5 year’s experience in Financial Planning & Analysis or broader management accountant/business partner roles ;
- Accounting knowledge & experience (IFRS) ;
- A prior experience in a startup, scale-up, or tech company will be a plus ;
- Understanding of business and financial statements ;
- Project management experience (within the finance department or across functions) is a plus.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high quality ;
- Health insurance ;
- A competitive salary ;
- For those in Paris - Free public transportation (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms) and meal vouchers in France (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law) ;
- Gym benefits ;
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken ;
- “Remote first” work policy ;
- A company MacBook / PC.
- The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team ;
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join ;
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills ;
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking up challenges, meeting awesome people every week, and changing the world, a little bit, every day!