DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
Within our Learning Design department, we’re expanding our Content Localization Team to support international expansion. We’re looking for a localization project manager with a scalability mindset to translate and transcreate our learning content (French<>English). Our mission is to make education more accessible by providing high-quality professional training to students all over the world!
- Manage a pool of external translators:
- Source, test, and onboard new linguists (both independent and LSP, including generalists, specialists, and proofreaders).
- Manage performance and provide feedback
- Leverage and maintain linguistic resources (style guide, termbase, TM).
- Manage all assigned localization projects from brief to final delivery:
- Collect requirements and identify localization issues.
- Manage project-level budgeting and effort tracking.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders via our software portfolio, which includes XTM and Wrike.
- Leverage the expertise of external subject matter experts for the localization, transcreation, and technical review of learning content.
- Project-manage the recording of new video content based on source videos and translated scripts.
- Ensure coherence, localization quality, and timely delivery at every step of production.
- Contribute to the maintenance of our bilingual learning content catalog.
- Provide guidance to learning designers for creating more localizable source content.
- Contribute to the documentation, optimization, and scaling of processes.
- C2 (bilingual/native-level) English and French (written and spoken)
- Linguistic quality assurance
- Project management
- Contractor management
- Understanding of global markets and translation issues
Experience: 3+ years in Localization Project Management
Reports to the Content Localization Manager, Colin Meldrum.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook / PC
- The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills
- For the very final round, you will meet other team members (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- Finally, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!