DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Each month, at least 300 000 free students from around the world connect to our platform, and we currently count more than 10 000 degree students.
We are very proud to be part of the B Corp community (more than 3,500 companies that combine profit and general interest) and to have the Great Place to Work label. OpenClassrooms is also part of the Next40 group for the second consecutive year.
In April 2021, we announced new fundraising of 80 million dollars. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As Director, US Accreditation and Academic Partnerships you will play a key role in developing OpenClassrooms’ standing and reputation as a recognized higher education provider in the US. You will:
- Shape and lead the execution of our US accreditation and partnerships strategies, ensuring our educational offer leads to recognized qualifications in the US.
- Complete all the necessary documentation to file and renew state license applications for OpenClassrooms to become authorized in all 50 states.
- Progress OpenClassrooms’ plans to become a higher education institution with degree-awarding powers in the US.
- Establish and manage our US higher education partnerships, ensuring they lead to mutually beneficial validation and franchise agreements for delivering accredited degree-level programs.
- Register OpenClassrooms’ apprenticeship programs with the Department of Labor (RAP).
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the OpenClassrooms pedagogical and operational approach in the US.
This job will report to the VP Learning.
- At least 4 years of experience in US accreditation and licensing systems. You have successfully registered or renewed at least 5 licenses over the past 2 years.
- Strong experience and expertise in US professional training and higher education markets and regulatory frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to apply creative thinking to find effective solutions to complex data.
- At least 2 years of experience in a scale-up/start-up environment. You have proven your ability to drive change and operate successfully in rapidly changing, demanding, and ambiguous environments.
- A good listener who inspires trust and confidence and builds rapport with colleagues. Able to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, present compelling arguments both written and oral, and present information in an accurate and appropriate format.
- At least 3 years of management experience
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Dental and Vision: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- 401K (pension): the company matches up to 5%
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 75% for the family
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Parental & family leave (Maternity Leave Package)
- PTO 20 Days and additional vacation days. After 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1,000$ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
- The journey starts with a phone interview with Talent Acquisition Manager (20-30 min)
- Then a face-to-face (virtual) meeting with VP Learning and Head of US Strategic Initiatives (1 hour)
- This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills ( 1 hour)
- For the very final round, you will meet other teams in OpenClassrooms (Brand & Comms, Learning, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- You will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouses and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!