DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company that makes education accessible to all. Our goal is to become the leading apprenticeship and reskilling provider, all over the world.
We are very proud to be a B Corp company (combining a for-profit activity with general social impact), we’re recognised as one of the best workplaces in France by Great Place to Work. We’ve received multiple other awards (Next 40/120, Entrepreneur of The Year by EY, etc.), but what really matters to us is that in 2021, more than 14,000 individuals attributed a positive move in their careers to OpenClassrooms.
We raised a total of 150 million dollars since inception with world-class investors like General Atlantic, Salesforce Ventures, GSV, or Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This will help us invest in our product, continue our growth and make education even more accessible across the world!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
In this role, you will:
- Supervise and support the Billing & Cash Collection team, currently 8 people located in France, to achieve standards of excellence and attain company objectives
- Improve and standardize processes, practices, and KPIs related to billing & collections for all group entities and business lines to enable rapid scaling
- Monitor productivity and deliver regular, impactful reporting on the performance of the Billing & Collections team activity
- Maximize efficiencies through leveraging enabling technologies and periodically reviewing chosen solutions in collaboration with procurement and technology, to automate billing where possible and increase high performance
- Foster a highly effective, client service focused approach
- Coordinate across functions with accounting, treasury, FP&A, sales, operations, support, legal and data - including specifically:
- Work collaboratively with the Accounting function for Accounts Receivable management
- Produce monthly rolling updated cash collection forecast in collaboration with the Treasury Director
- Work closely with sales operations to ensure relevant Terms and Conditions are complied with and to resolve any client billing or collection issues
- Work closely with the data and FP&A teams around reporting, analysis and forecasting
- Ensure billing documentation is clear, up to date and closely followed
- Be responsible for the prompt and accurate invoicing of all the services of the company (B2C, B2B and B2G), in France and internationally (US, UK and RoW as required)
- Review billing and contracts' Terms and Conditions and ensure all billing and collection implications are noted and managed appropriately
- Ensure any invoice queries are managed and resolved in a timely manner
- Nurture and effectively manage customer relationships, particularly with Accounts Payable and Accounting counterparts in business customers and public bodies
- Provide regular reports and records on billing & collection activity to the Director Operational Finance and CFO
- Respond to any ad-hoc management or auditor queries
- Manage the Credit Control function and optimize the collection of invoices to drive increased cash flow, improved working capital performance and minimal aging balance
- Enable set up of new invoicing and collection system, processes and resources as needed when the business grows into new countries
- Manage any credit card payment issues and bad debtors which may arise from time to time
This role will report to the Director, Operational Finance, UK.
- 3+ years leading a billing & collections team
- Native French speaker is mandatory with at least a C1 in English fluency
- Experience of structuring, scaling and automating billing and collections
- Experience in Salesforce & Sofacto preferred
- Competency in excel and knowledge of Netsuite, Zuora and/or Adyen preferred
- EdTech, SaaS, Startup / Scaleup industry experience
- Excellent financial, data skills, analytical skills, and an eye for detail
- Systems and process lead approach with strong I.T. skills
- Confirmed manager and coach to high performing teams of up to 10 people with previous management experience and track record of improving and delivering good billing & collection results and service - including with implementation of process improvement and system automation
- Strong organizational and investigative skills, and results driven approach
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively and resolve problems in a timely manner.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Pension plan: employer gross contribution 9%
- Health insurance: 100% covered for the employee and 50% for the family (no vision and dental)
- Our insurance provider Vitality Health offers a 50% off of the GYM plan on most Gym in London
- Modern Central London office space when needed for meetings/days in London (Holborn)
- 20 days of paid time off + additional time off offered
- After one year at OpenClassrooms, a 1,000£ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook/PC
1. The journey starts with the first interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team.
2. Then a videoconference with the Manager of the team you are applying to join.
3. This will then be followed by a case study to validate your practical job-related skills.
4. For the very final round, you will meet other stakeholders / team members.
At the end of the process, you will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a company of equal opportunities where you can find colleagues with diverse backgrounds, age, gender, social origins, beliefs, health situation or disability. You come as you are!
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!