We are a remote-first company. You will work from home. However, this role requires local travel and an understanding of the local small business ecosystem. We are therefore only accepting candidates in one of the following locations:
- Washington DC
- Arlington, VA
- Alexandria, VA
- South Los Angeles Greater Area, CA (South LA, Long Beach, etc.)
- Orange County, CA
Founded in 2013 by Pierre Dubuc and Mathieu Nebra, OpenClassrooms is a mission-driven company with the ambition of making education and career opportunities accessible to everyone.
The school offers numerous open and free-access courses, along with accredited programs for in-demand professions such as tech, IT, data, pedagogy, marketing, and more—all delivered 100% online. OpenClassrooms uniquely creates and produces all its courses and educational content, relying on a distinctive model focused on practical learning through professional projects and guidance from mentors who are experts in their respective fields.
From the beginning, OpenClassrooms' mission has been centered around impact: by incorporating it into the statutes since 2018 and subsequently obtaining B Corp certification in 2021—a recognition for companies balancing profits with social impact. OpenClassrooms is featured in the Next 40/120 ranking, but what we take the most pride in is having facilitated a renewed career trajectory for over 50,000 individuals in 2023.
Our goal: to become a leader in solutions for apprenticeships and professional retraining all over the world. We are already the leading online education platform in Europe, expanding in the US.
OpenClassrooms. Education that works.
OpenClassrooms is committed to expanding its mission and increasing its footprint in the US market, with a focus on the deployment of modern tech registered apprenticeship programs (RAPs). To do so, OpenClassrooms is partnering with private or public sector stakeholders involved in education, employment, and registered apprenticeships.
TEAM & ROLE
The US go-to-market Team is made up of the following functions: Marketing, Direct Sales, Government & Partnership Sales, Customer Success & Operations, and Accreditation. We are supported by other HQ teams such as Learning and Product, Tech, & Data.
The Senior Technical Recruitment Consultant - Small Business is part of the Direct Sales Team and will help us scale apprenticeship sales in the US market. You will help small business clients become future-proof through the fulfillment of their talent acquisition, reskilling, and upskill needs.
ABOUT YOU ?
As a self-motivated and experienced quota-bearing business development professional, you are able to build rapport with customers quickly to sell to the small businesses. You are a hands-on self-starter with an entrepreneurial flair and possess at least 5 years of senior sales and business development experience in the US. You have sold Talent, Learning & Development, HigherEducation, EdTech, or Saas products before. Experience selling Apprenticeship Programs is highly desirable. Excellent communication skills and a thorough understanding of the SMB sales funnel is key to succeed in the role.
As the senior SMB Account Executive, you will:
Identify and add SMB prospects to Salesforce based on our best customer fit. For example, apprenticeship prospects should have tech hiring needs and may be facing a talent shortage. Upskilling prospects may want to increase employee retention, and reskilling customers could be undergoing a digital transformation;
- Select and attend industry-specific events and conferences. As part of our go-to-market strategy, you may need to attend tech and/or talent acquisition SMB conferences in order to find new prospects interested in tech apprenticeships. This may involve manning a booth or presenting to a small group of small business owners (<50)
- Come up with and implement new SMB prospecting strategies.
Create, run, and optimize email / call sequences to nurture prospects to generate meetings
- Organize local in-person Meet & Greet events with our partners to present our offering to employers
Opportunity management :
Create and pitch innovative talent management solutions to help clients cope with complex problems such as skills gaps and talent retention
- Build and present proposals
- Proactively follow up on open opportunities to shorten the sales cycle
- Work closely with the customer success team to shortlist and share talent profiles with interested employers
- We organize job matching events throughout the year together with our Community Colleges partners. You will be asked to participate in such events and work closely with employers to fulfill their talent needs
Work with procurement, legal, and security teams all the way to contract signature
- Hand-off deal to customer success properly to ensure stellar onboarding and project kick-off
Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly SMB sales forecasts
- Own and manage your individual sales pipeline from discovery to close
- Update Salesforce as needed to provide the most up to date information
- Create and implement corrective action plans to get back on track when needed
We participate in RFPs to seek out public funding for our programs. You will need to participate in those RFPs by obtaining letters of support from employers for example
Expand existing relationships:
Renew and upsell existing customers
Other activities as they come up:
- For instance, we work with partners such as community colleges to sell our apprenticeship programs to employers. You will need to build relationships and work with our partners in order to be successful
- You may need to network for organized employer coalitions such as Chambers of Commerce and Workforce Development Boards
- You will be expected to document best practices and experiments
- You will wear multiple hats in this role as you will need to partner with many internal and external stakeholders to win new business: Learning, Government & Partnerships, Marketing, Accreditation, Customer Success, etc.
You will need to travel to close deals:
Mostly locally in Southern California or in Prince George’s County depending on the area you are applying for. These will be same-day trips and will take place once a week
- Some longer travel may be required sporadically throughout the year: team meet ups, supporting business development efforts in a different location
Hold one Meet & Greet per week with 40 employers to introduce our tech apprenticeship programs
- Create >30 opportunities per month in salesforce
- Convert >10 opportunities per month
- Create, share, and report back on weekly sales commitments
- Generate >120 apprentices per year
>5 years of experience in recruitment or sales quota-bearing roles
- 1+ years of experience in a startup or scale up
- 1+ years of experience in business development activities
Experience and an active network in the US apprenticeship, bootcamp, vocational training, tech recruitment, or EdTech sectors preferred
Some experience in US Registered Apprenticeship Programs preferred
Proven track record of high-level sales achievement (above $1M/year)
- Passion for seeking and building new relationships to secure new customers and sales wins
- High level of interest in education, technology, and labor market trends
- Comfortable with saas tools such as Salesforce, Notion, Slack, Google Suite, etc.
- Business acumen, analytical ability with a data-driven approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done
- A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves,” action-oriented approach
At OpenClassrooms, we prioritize learning potential over a perfect alignment with every job criterion. We highly value qualities such as eagerness to learn, commitment, and the potential for growth. If you are motivated and confident in your ability to excel in the role, we enthusiastically encourage you to submit your application.
You will report directly to the SVP, International
OUR PERKS :
- OpenClassrooms operates as a "remote-first" company, making remote work the standard. You can work remotely from any of the following states: Texas, Washington DC, Georgia, California, New Jersey
- Our work environment and culture are rooted in the company's four core values:we care, we dare, we persist, we tell it as it is.
Stock option plan for all employees
- 401(k) with a 5% match
Health Insurance with United Health Care (100% covered for you and 75% covered for your family)
Dental & Vision Insurance with Guardian (100% covered for you and 75% covered for your family)
- Company-provided MacBook.
- Access to OpenClassrooms' training catalog.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off per year
5 "Caretaker Days" per year are provided, allowing you to take care of your loved ones.
- Complimentary access to the Teale app (mental health solution)
Interview (1 hour): Virtual interview with Jeremy Durand, SVP International, to delve into your professional background and achievements.
- Business case
Team Interview (45 mins): Virtual interview with two members of our teams to evaluate your compatibility with our work environment and values.
- HR Interview (30min)
Join our Team !
Intrigued? Let's get to know each other! Apply today — we're looking forward to receiving your application!
Feel free to check out our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to better understand our mission, culture, and team composition.
👉 OpenClassrooms' mission is to make education accessible, emphasizing diversity as a catalyst against barriers to education and professional integration. As an employer, we highly value diversity, fostering an inclusive culture. We encourage everyone to apply, regardless of gender, age, orientation, origin, or disability. If you have a disability and we can do something to facilitate your interview process, please let us know.