Lead UX Writer (English speaking)
Description du poste
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 million students from around the world.
As part of our development in France and internationally, we’re looking for a Senior UX Writer/Copywriter to partner with design, product, engineering, and marketing to shape great and seamless user experiences across applications, that welcome, help and inspire, our different users.
Your role will be to help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints.
You'll play a vital role in defining content strategy, influencing user experience, and evolving OpenClassrooms’ brand, voice, and content standards.
You’ll join the Product Design team which is composed of a wide variety of profiles: Product Designers, a UX Researcher, and 2 other UX Writers!
What will you do?
- You’ll create and edit clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, and product tours, that facilitate the full end-to-end user experience journey
- You’ll present your work to a wide range of teams and stakeholders as an advocate of jargon-free content
- You’ll manage content production and editing workflow, including translation platform management, together with the Engineering team
- You'll perform, with the help of the Product Design team, A/B tests and user test to optimize copy
- You’ll drive a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings
- You’ll create, maintain and document evolving glossary, content, brand, and voice & tone standards
- You’ll provide support and help the Marketing and Communication teams to shape internal and external copy for users, partners, employees, and product
- As a Lead UX Writer, you’ll also be able to challenge and improve our processes and workflow and find the right tools
- You’ll test and implement content management strategies
- You’ll communicate internally and externally on the value of UX writing
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in user-focused writing or editing (e.g. web and mobile interfaces, digital agency, documentation, education, or journalism)
- You have knowledge of online technology and related products (web and mobile UI tools)
- You have a good knowledge of UX methodologies, a strong interest in product design and you value objective work
- You're an English or French native speaker and can write copy in both these languages
- You have a BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or related work experience
- You can provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as interaction flows, emails, product tours, educational materials, and style guides
- Your way of working is collaborating with everyone to get things done
- Experience in education would be a plus
After your application you'll:
- Be contacted by a member of the Design team by phone
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech team in our office
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand the Tech team's vision: This is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask any remaining questions
You'll also be asked to provide professional references.
What do we offer?
- Navigo Pass paid in full by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms) and remote medical consultations for free
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1,000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
Feel free to get a gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
More about us
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here:
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking up challenges, meeting awesome people every week, and changing the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof