Senior Frontend Interaction Engineer
Description du poste
We are Looking for a Frontend Developer who is passionate about creating intuitive and innovative solutions that both delight the user and deliver what they are looking to get out of a classic product or experience, who loves interfaces that are carefully designed and easily maintained, who believes no real website can be built without giving careful consideration to the code, who believes as well that the future of the web lies in components that are amazing, minimalist and autonomous. We are looking for a developer who is able to work among backend developers, UX, instructional and interaction designers and webmarketers, speaking their languages as well as his own.
At OpenClassrooms, Frontend Developers enjoy making our users’ lives easier and know how to add that extra something that makes people want to thank them everyday!
Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, Backend, other Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer. You will report to an Engineering Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Write frontend unit tests (Jest)
- Review and comment on your teammates’ pull requests
- Design a user interface with strong components
- Own building interactive visual interfaces.
- Integrate animation and interaction design
- Optimize page rendering
- Propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product
- Assess the impact of your ideas
- Evaluate development workloads
You might be a fit for this position if :
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Frontend Developer
- You have a strong experience in building interactive interfaces and integrate animations
- You are familiar with technologies such as :
- Or more!
- You love optimizing, especially on high-traffic websites
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
- Get in touch with our Engineering Manager over a video chat
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo fully paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) and remote medical consultations for free (entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorised by law)
- Access to gym, well-being activities and massages for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ bonus paid once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Possibility to work remotely
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- Salary transparency to ensure fairness
Feel free to get the gist of who we are :
If you want to know more about the Tech team:
More about us
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. Non EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).