OpenClassrooms is looking for people who are passionate about making education accessible and want to help build an accurate and reliable accounting function in an ever-growing environment.
Within the accounting team, your mission will be to be in charge of the accounting follow-up of our vendor mentors, key partners of OpenClassrooms. You will be responsible for entering supplier invoices, preparing payment files, and also for establishing, analyzing, and tracking the provisions of the mentor invoices.
You will be the key internal contact for any accounting issues related to the mentor.
The ideal candidate will combine a good mastery of data manipulation and analysis in Excel, the needed rigour for bookkeeping and a strong ability to communicate while being good at explaining.
Reports to the Chief Accountant.
- To guarantee the proper accounting management of invoices with our supplier mentors (bookkeeping, preparation of payments, follow-up of accounts payable);
- To prepare, compare and analyze data in Excel for the detailed calculation of monthly provisions;
- To manage monthly closing entries;
- To communicate internally on accounting issues related to supplier mentors;
- To assist the accounting team on general accounting tasks (sales, bank, fixed assets...);
- To be a driving force for continuous improvement of the processes in place.
- 2-5+ years in an accounting department or an accounting firm, experience working in a fast-growing start-up would be a plus;
- Good management of priorities and strong adaptive capacity;
- Good communicator and ability to explain;
- Analytical and synthetic skills;
- Advanced Excel capabilities and skills with MS Office (Google Docs);
- Team player and positive attitude in a challenging environment.
- Action-driven: you are results-oriented and curious to test and improve new processes and organizations;
- Interpersonal skills: you are socially confident and comfortable developing relationships in a distance working environment;
- Curiosity: You are able to compile, analyze and challenge the data you collect;
- Work environment: experience working in an ever-changing environment, where speed and accuracy are key;
- Initiative: You are proactive in improving existing processes and organizations;
- Passion for making a difference: strong interest in ed tech and how online education platforms can have a social impact;
- Tools: Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus;
- English required: you have at least a C1 level of English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.