Apprenticeship - Backend Developer - 24months / OpenClassrooms Path
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
There are those who piece together scripts they found left and right, and there are those who really dive into purposeful code. You want to be part of the second category: those who design the code of tomorrow’s applications!
You believe there’s no point in rushing. Using the latest, quickest framework or language isn't the solution to everything. Real, robust code requires a lot of thinking and testing, and it should be easy to update without risks!
We use PHP, Symfony, PostgreSQL, Algolia, and other tools to develop services via REST APIs. Each piece of code is carefully built, tested, and reviewed with love by another developer.
We also use Clean Architecture, TDD, clean code principles, the boyscout rule among others.
Today, we are creating new squads. Being part of one of these cross-functional teams, you will work together with a Product Manager, Product Designers, other Backend and Frontend Developers and a QA Engineer.
You want to become an OpenClassrooms student and, at the same time, join us as an apprentice ? You are at the right place!
What will you do?
- Build robust, real-time updated connections between different solutions used by our education platform, while minimising dependencies.
- You will work cross-team to develop new features
- You will propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product and assess their impact
- You will interact with your teammates via peer programming and review, development workload refinement, and evaluation
- You will contribute ideas to improve our engineering standards and processes
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You are following a development training with an apprenticeship possibility.
- You are passionate by application architecture including concepts like design patterns and clean architecture
- You are experienced with PHP
- Experience with REST APIs and familiar with technologies such as PHP, Symfony, Twig, PostgreSQL, PHPUnit, Git, Composer, among others would be a plus
- Continuous integration and deployment is, for you, the best way of working
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
- Get in touch with our Engineering Manager over the phone
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office
- Meet HR
- Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo fully paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) and remote medical consultations for free (entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorised by law)
- Access to gym, well-being activities and massages for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ bonus paid once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- Salary transparency to ensure fairness
Feel free to get the gist of who we are :
If you want to know more about the Tech team:
More about us
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. Non EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).
More information: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees