Bilingual Senior Legal Counsel
At OpenClassrooms, we believe that everybody can learn anything and that everybody has something to share.
Our mission is to make education accessible. To everybody. Everywhere. We’re working to do that everyday, and we have been doing it for nearly 20 years.
The startup reflects our founders’ mindset: efficiency, short cycles of decisions and action. We believe that results are more powerful than opinions: suggest an improvement, take initiative, and make things happen. If it does not work, we still will have learned something useful.
As the number one online education site in Europe, with three million monthly users and more than 1,000 online courses, we have become an Edtech champion and now share our expertise via company tailored courses.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
OpenClassrooms is looking for a Bilingual Senior Legal Counsel to work with cross-functional groups across the company and directly interface with OpenClassrooms customers.
This position will report to OpenClassrooms’ General Counsel.
- Support and partner with the Sales team in customer negotiations and contract drafting.
- Assist creating contract templates for the launch of OpenClassrooms’ brand proposition.
- Partner with OpenClassrooms internal clients and outside counsel to help ensure the company's compliance with laws, regulations and customer contracts.
- Analyse and advise stakeholders on intellectual property, education law, GDPR, corporate and commercial matters as required.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures, as well as fact sheets and other communications materials.
- Advise on any legislation that could have an impact on the OpenClassrooms’ services.
- Support the Legal team on ad-hoc projects, as the case may be.
- French law degree and Master’s degree in law (ideally LL.M).
- At least 7 years combined experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department in technology and commercial transactions.
- Knowledge of the internet industry is a plus.
- Proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts on the one hand and compliance (e.g. privacy, risk management) on the other hand.
- Fluent written and verbal English and French language skills required that include the ability to draft and negotiate contracts.
- Pass Navigo for public transportation in Paris and suburbs
- Private health insurance (“mutuelle”)
- Meal vouchers (maximum employer contribution as authorized by law)
- Access to gym (GymPass)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- Flexibility and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced, commercially oriented technology company.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude, accustomed to working in an international environment.
- Hands-on project management experience, including ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal clients.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with Audrey, Hiring Manager.
Then we plan face to face meetings with Lida, General Counsel, Charlotte, Chief Education Officer and Attila, VP Business Development & Partnership.
For the final round, you will meet some members of the other teams.
You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact details.
WHAT WE OFFER
A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
GOOD REASONS TO JOIN US
- Help changing the lives of millions of people, for a better world
- Be part of the revolution and democratization in education
- Get a job where your work will be valued, where your talent will allow you to grow and benefit from new opportunities
- Join our dynamic and nice team
- Enjoy a flexible, results-oriented work style