Business Development Director – US Market
As the business development group of the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, the mission of the Strategic Partnerships team is to identify and execute new areas of business - new markets, new distribution channels, new products - typically through the use of partnerships with other organizations. The team works with academic partners, employers, GAFA, and public bodies with the aim to make education accessible and provide job-ready talent to employers globally.
In order to achieve our growth ambitions, we are now recruiting a new a Business Development Director – US Market who will help us scale up the OpenClassrooms in the US and bring it to its full potential.
Reports to the VP Strategic Partnerships & Biz Dev
The overall responsibilities of the Business Development Director - US Market are:
- Steward relationships with future academic, employer, and public sector partners through ongoing and strategic follow-up, communication, and outreach as needed
- Build a portfolio of online program partnerships leading to US accredited degrees with the best academic brands, both for the international English-speaking and US market
- Implement flagship registered apprenticeship cohorts with large employers
- Build strategic partnerships with tech giants (GAFA, NATU, …) around program co-creation and scholarships
- Contribute the US accreditation process (HEI, Registered Apprenticeships)
- Implement content creation and philanthropic partnerships and contribute to our local marketing and PR strategy to build awareness around the OC brand and maximize the free user base in the US
- Represent OpenClassrooms at industry events
- Produce generic and partner-specific proposals, concept papers, presentations and marketing documents that communicate the core concepts of our business strategy, mission, impact, and products to multiple audiences, including academic partners, tech companies, senior leadership, and policy makers
- Manage and write complex proposals that require coordination between multiple teams
- Steward relationships with current and future partners through ongoing and strategic follow-up, communication, and outreach as needed
- Collaboratively work with Education, Tech, Sales, Marketing and Legal to establish, launch, and grow new and existing partnerships
- Assist in the governance and day-to-day management of existing alliances
- Facilitate compliance reviews and ad-hoc and recurring reporting requests by our partners by collecting, cleansing, and aggregating quantitative and qualitative data
- Maintain a high standard of data quality in our CRM system on partners and opportunities
- Native in English; French appreciated
- Experience and an existing network in the US academic, vocational training or education technology sector
- Excellent business writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail. At least five years of experience in a role that requires significant writing in support of complex projects is preferred (consulting, pre-sales, consultative sales, partnerships)
- Business acumen, analytical ability with a data-driven approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done
- Ability to thrive and develop relationships in fast paced, collaborative, and ambiguous environments
- A hands-on, “roll up the sleeves,” action-oriented approach
- Strong personal passion for education technology, employability, and deep faith in the mission of OpenClassrooms
- BA/BS (or MA/MS/JD/MBA/PhD) or equivalent experience
- The position will be US based (ideally in the Bay Area, New York or Boston) and involve frequent travel within the US and to the OpenClassrooms HQ based in Paris, France.
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with Audrey, Hiring Manager.
Then we plan face to face meetings with Roxana, Strategic Partnership Manager and Attila, VP Strategic Partnership & Biz Dev. For the final round, you will meet some members of other teams (Student Success, Finance…)
You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (GymPass paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here : https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees