OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a Chief Accountant, as part of the central Finance team, to manage all accounting activities relating to our French parent company and subsidiaries in the UK and US.
You will be a passionate qualified accountant, with the drive and the experience to skillfully manage the accounting team, entrepreneurially deliver and improve our various accounting processes and account deliverables and reliably and quickly deliver the set-up of our evolving accounting and financial systems. You will be a results-oriented problem-solver with the vision, ideas and leadership ability to navigate complexity and find optimal pragmatic solutions to serve the business.
Finance is the backbone of the Company and in this strategic role as a key part of the Finance team you will be required to understand and interact with all areas of the Company to deliver rigorous, accurate and timely financial accounting and controls, in the context of a rapidly scaling-up business.
Given most of the Finance team are in France or the UK - it would make sense for the successful candidate to be based in one of those countries to be on the same time zone and employed in one of our active entities.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the accounting team and take responsibility for its daily operational activities (general accounting, suppliers invoice validation and payment, project accounting etc.)
- Ensure the monthly and year-end close, reconciliations and reporting is produced with the expected high quality and meeting deadlines
- Ensure financial reporting policies, procedures and controls are documented and up to date, prepare accounting memos and consider the impact of any accounting standard changes
- Be a key senior member of the broader Finance team and work closely with Billing, Credit Management and FP&A, as well as building strong business partnerships with other functions within the company to ensure the Integrity of the financial information and that correct accruals are recorded on a monthly basis
- Prepare financial statements for all local entities (France, UK and US) as required - with local external support where relevant
- Assist VP Finance with all regulatory, tax and audit activities
- Provide VP Finance, FP&A and CFO with any miscellaneous adhoc requested information or analysis
- Assist in building a scalable and efficient global accounting and finance function and take a leading role in the improvement of our accounting and financial systems - actively participate in the deployment, optimization and exploitation of Net Suite (I.e. ensure we are taking advantage of all its features to minimise manual elements of accounting and reporting)
- Work with the CFO and VP Finance + technical engineers to automate production elements of accounting flows allowing you to focus on the parts where your knowledge and skills provide the most value
- Participate in review of new products assessing the accounting Impacts and considerations and ensuring that accounting processes are clear and implemented in the systems
- Remote team and people management
- Ability to liaise and collaborate closely with people and other functions remotely
- Deep accounting knowledge, with proven experience of managing month-end close, reporting and statutory account requirements for a medium-sized growing business
- Excellent data collection and computing skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong investigative and communicative skills
- Advanced Excel capabilities and excellent MS Office and Google Docs web application skills
- Positive attitude, "can-do" approach, team-player and decisive team leader
- Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
- Fluent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Degree in Accounting or other relevant degree + Qualified Chartered Accountant qualification (ACA/ ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years post-qualified experience in a senior accountant/ accounting manager/ similar role
- Experience overseeing multi-entity/country accounting - particular experience of French, UK and US regimes and IFRS beneficial
- Experience of new accounting software migration/implementation and of Netsuite in particular a plus
- Experience at similar sized high-growth International business (Turnover €25-30 MM, c. 200 employees) or in similar sector (EdTech) advantageous
Reports to VP Finance
The journey starts with a quick call with Yulia, Talent Acquisition Director. If it is successful, you will be invited to a video interview (45 minutes).
Then, you will have a 1 hour video interview with Gilles, VP Finance (the hiring manager), and a 45 minutes interview with Laela, CFO.
Finally, we will have the opportunity to discuss with one or two Finance team members.
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references' contact details.
What we offer:
Benefits are dependent on location, but may include:
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms) and remote medical consultations for free
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎