Chief Accountant / Responsable Comptable
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 millions of students from around the world.
Welcome to the revolution of education ! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a Chief Accountant, fully integrated in the Finance team, to monitor, plan and manage all accounting activities relating to our French parent company as well as its foreign subsidiaries in Uk and US.
You have the drive and experience to manage the accounting team, meet our various reporting requirements and deadline and be a leading actor in our accounting and financial systems set-up.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the accounting team and monitor its daily activities (general accounting, suppliers invoices validation and payment, project accounting, …),
- Ensure the monthly reporting is produced with the expected quality level and on a timely manner,
- Work closely with other finance teams (Billing, Credit Management, FP&A), and interact with other functions within the company,
- Prepare French financial and tax statements and supervise audit activities,
- Provide VP Finance, FP&A and CFO with any Ad'hoc requested information or analysis,
- Take a leading role in the improvement of our accounting and financial systems and actively participate in our migration to the Net Suite applications
- Team and people management
- Ability to liaise and collaborate closely with people and other functions
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent data collection and computing skills with attention to details
- Strong Investigative and communicative skills
- Mastering of Excel spreadsheets
- Great English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (B2 level at the very least in both languages for team role and C1 level for management role)
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4 years degree in accounting
- Previous significant experience in a similar role (4 years minimum)
Reports to VP Finance
The journey starts with a phone interview with an HR team member (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- Our VP Finance, (1 hour)
HR Team Member (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case,…) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager (1 hour)
- 2 or 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (2 hours)
- Meet with members of OpenClassrooms Board (1 hour) – for Leadership role
- We'll also take time for you to walk around our facilities and have chats with our people.
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎