Customer Success Manager - International Markets
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all. OpenClassrooms is a startup founded by Mathieu Nebra and Pierre Dubuc. We’ve been going through a hyper-growth phase since our last round of series B funding in the amount of $60M during the first half of 2018. Over 3M people per month train themselves on our platform. By 2025, we aim to place 1M students per year in the workforce.
At OpenClassrooms, the Student & Employer Success (SES) Team is here to guarantee ROI for our customers: students and employers alike. The SES Team ensures our students and employers get the best possible experience with us.
We’re expanding our proactive Employer Success Team to help us proactively manage our client relationships with our growing number of enterprise and B2B clients. We take Employer Success seriously at OpenClassrooms. Our Employer Success team is dedicated to going above and beyond for our B2B clients day in and day out. We are looking for an individual with exceptional customer service skills to deliver world-class service to all of our International clients and ensure they achieve their educational goals on our platform. You are a customer success guru, you love interacting with people and solving tricky problems. You’re independent and autonomous: you can make things happen without someone saying so. 'Continuous Improvement' is second nature to you as you obsess over details and persist to make things just 'perfect' for our students. If that’s you, then you might just be ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the Director, Employer Success
In this role, you will:
By 2025, we expect to place 1M students per year into the workforce. Customer Success is essential to our growth, it’s who we are. OpenClassrooms is a small, fast-growing, and globally distributed company, so you’ll likely get to work on many projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
Manage from end-to-end our client relationships, including some pre-sales activities, employer onboarding, regular status updates on the program progress and any escalation process with customers.
Sometimes, you will be attending events and be a speaker as well depending on topics and needs.
- Manage the relationship with all client contacts at the Employer level, including the HR sponsors and stakeholders, and serve as a strategic advisor to our B2B clients to ensure the success of our program service delivery
- Build scalable processes and dedicated tools to provide a premium Employer Journey for all our International clients
- Build and maintain Internal Dashboards to provide KPI of our B2B Programs to OC organization.
- Make sure OC complies with all contractual requirements related to our programs (onboarding/notifications), and keep OC processes aligned with the ISO certification guidelines
- Work with OC Business Development Team to make sure our partnerships align with business and market needs
- Occasionally travel within the US to visit clients or participate to events
- Build and manage engagement programs that delight customers, secure customer satisfaction and loyalty, driving high renewal rates and low churn while influencing up-sell
- Contribute to creating a unique, modern, and relevant tone of voice to interact with OpenClassrooms’ customers
- Route specific queries to other departments when appropriate. You should be comfortable discussing product capabilities and being the employer’ voice internally
- Organize, analyze, and escalate employer feedback to help our Product Team improve our educational platform
- Experiment through iterations with a continuous improvement mindset in order to improve our internal processes and create efficiencies
- When it comes to process creation, we go by what we call 'the golden cycle': Discover (do it yourself manually), standardize (make sure the process is manually replicable), actually processize (document in writing on our internal Wiki, Notion. so), and automate (with SaaS tools and technical developments)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A love and natural affinity for service and customer satisfaction. You’re naturally empathetic and able to communicate in ways that empower, not belittle.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously: you can work several hours with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable taking initiatives and making decisions on your own.
- Flexible and adaptable to work in an extremely fast-changing environment. Your job duties will change and evolve constantly.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. You can multitask like no one else.
- Desire to work in a performance-focused, KPI-oriented team and in a transparent environment.
- A strong wish to give and receive feedback frequently in a nonaggressive fashion and regardless of seniority or rank.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (you OWN Pivot Tables, maybe even Excel Macros).
- Data analysis skills to review, understand and act on internal reports.
- High level of comfort with SaaS tools and platforms. You can ease your way through virtually any online tool within minutes.
- A true passion for education coupled with acute business acumen. You can align with both mission and revenue goals.
- Common sense!
- We work when our customers need us so you need to be able to work on a set schedule.
- Bonus Points if you geek out on: Automation (Excel, Zapier, etc.), CRM tools,
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level of education
- 5 to 10 years of overall professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in a customer success role with KPI’s
- 2+ years of experience working at a SaaS provider
- 2+ years of experience working in Education provider or 2+ years of experience working with Human Resources departments, Learning & Development departments, or in the staffing industry (staffing agency, headhunting, etc.)
- This is a US remote position (preferred east coast time zone) with travel to Paris every quarter or so and an onboarding period of 1 to 3 months onsite. Remote experience is a must
- Great empathy and ability to remain calm
- Native English
- Experience with ticketing tools (Zendesk, Freshdesk, HelpScout, etc.), and experience with our tech stack preferred (Slack, Zendesk, Zapier, G-Suite, AirCall, Asana, etc.)
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with the Hiring Manager. Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Director, Employer Success
- VP, Employer Success, and VP, Mentorship
- and a few other people from teams across the organization (Peers and HR).
- You will be asked to perform a short test.
- You will be asked to provide us with 3 professional references.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER to our US EMPLOYEES
- Very competitive salary and commission
- Three months onboarding in our Paris headquarters
- 100 % Health Insurance (dental and vision) + family covered at 75 %
- 401K Plan
- Generous parental and family Leave
- 20 days of paid time off + additional vacations and 5 sick days
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, respect and high quality