Director, Accreditation, Partnerships and Quality Assurance
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere.
Through our market-leading education-to-employment platform we provide learners with the competencies they need to enter the world of work, to develop professionally, and to succeed in an increasingly digital economy. Each month we gather a vibrant, passionate community of over 3 million students on our platform and we offer French accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future. Our ambition is to help one million people per year to enter the workforce by 2025.
Welcome to the revolution of education! Come help us make education accessible to all. #BecomeFutureProof
As Director of Accreditation, Partnerships and Quality Assurance you will play a key role in developing OpenClassrooms’ standing and reputation as an internationally recognised higher education provider. You will be responsible for shaping and implementing OpenClassrooms’ national and international accreditation strategy, setting and maintaining high standards of educational quality and regulatory compliance, and managing our partnerships with academic institutions in France and internationally.
The Director of Accreditation, Partnerships and Quality Assurance reports to the VP Content, who in turn reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Provide leadership and management to the small, dedicated quality assurance, certification and audit compliance teams.
- Help shape and lead the execution of our national and international certification, accreditation and partnerships strategies, ensuring our educational offer leads to nationally and internationally recognised qualifications.
- Design, maintain and implement an internal framework of quality oversight of our learning, mentorship, support and assessment that builds on and innovates education sector good practice and sets OpenClassrooms apart as a leading edge and high-quality player in the EdTech market.
- Work with France Compétence and other relevant bodies to file multiple course certifications per year to the RNCP and Répertoire spécifique.
- Establish and manage our French and international higher education partnerships, ensuring they lead to mutually beneficial validation and franchise agreements for delivering accredited, degree-level courses.
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the OpenClassrooms pedagogical and operational approach across our key markets.
- Achieve positive outcomes to all audits from regulatory, quality assurance, public funding and other relevant bodies.
- Maintain our status on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers in England, engaging as necessary with relevant regulatory and quality assurance bodies, including the ESFA and Ofsted.
- Progress OpenClassrooms’ plans to become a higher education institution with degree-awarding powers in the US and the UK.
- Fully fluent in French and with a strong command of English.
- Passionate about and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced edtech organisation with ambitious growth plans.
- Experience and expertise in French professional training and higher education markets and regulatory frameworks are essential.
- Experience of international accreditation systems is desirable.
- Able to work within an agile environment where the focus can be on multiple projects prioritised by different areas of the business
- Has proven success in enabling change and the ability to operate successfully in fast-moving, demanding and ambiguous environments.
- Able to identify risks, benefits and costs of options and to actively encourage cultural change where business processes can be automated and improved.
- A good listener who inspires trust and confidence and builds rapport with colleagues.
- Sensitive to the needs of disparate interest groups.
- Able to challenge current practice and conventional wisdom in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and being able to apply creative thinking to find effective solutions to complex data.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, present compelling arguments both written and oral, and present information in an accurate and appropriate format.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to manage competing deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms);
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms) and free remote medical consultation service (Qare);
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law);
- Access to sports and wellness for free (GymLib paid by OpenClassrooms);
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A “remote-work” culture;
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.