Director Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education to employment platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 2 million students from around the world. As a B Corp, we are thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards — a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
Welcome to the revolution of education ! #BecomeFutureProof
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
We are looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to lead a critical group function for the Company and help analyse and project our financial performance to drive improvement and optimisation. Reporting to the CFO this role will have a high visibility within the business and requires a broad understanding of business processes, financial processes and systems. The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will work in conjunction with business leaders on projects, initiatives, monthly reporting and development of detailed annual plans. OpenClassrooms has an exciting French and expanding International business across B2B, B2C and B2G segments with multiple products and rapid expansion making the FP&A function an essential strategic team. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and an excellent communicator, focused on robustly challenging and delivering insight to improve business performance.
The role could be undertaken fully remotely in the EU/ UK or US - although there is a preference for the successful candidate to be on EU time and to be able to attend in-person meetings in London or Paris as required.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for monthly management reporting for internal and external stakeholders, Including budget and forecast variance analysis and rolling updated forward forecasts
- Plan and manage the annual budget cycle
- Ensure an integrated corporate planning process that connects our long term strategic and financial plan with our technology and operational roadmaps and our in place and evolving monthly accounting and forecasting processes - lead and deliver integration and automation at pace to improve execution and impact (notably concerning Anaplan integration to Netsuite, Salesforce and Tableau in the near term)
- Build strong business partner relationships across the company and collaborate to develop, measure and publish KPIs to drive cross functional alignment and accountability.
- Perform analysis to drive business strategy, improve efficiency and identify opportunities for improved business performance
- Support the development of the corporate financial data strategy that will drive our future needs for data-driven decision making
- Lead and inspire a small but mighty team of finance professionals (across FP&A and collaboratively with accounting and billing teams) to perform strategic and financial analysis to inform/validate investment allocation decisions, performance and benefits capture
- Help the team to learn and grow, focusing on continual performance improvement, change management, and coaching
- Continually analyze and evaluate financial reporting tools and processes with a view to refining and optimizing the delivery of timely and accurate financial information
- Support M&A and financing activities as required
- Prior significant experience in a similar corporate FP&A role with an impeccable track-record of producing timely reliable and accurate reporting and delivering high value insight and business impact. Experience In a fast-growing technology company a plus.
- Highly motivated, driven individual who relishes a challenge, and can contribute effectively to a fast-paced and reasonably complex company
- Ability to liaise and collaborate closely with people and other functions and ability to influence
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles, accounting qualifications a plus
- Strong commercial acumen with the gravitas and confidence to lead change, Improve processes and enhance the provision of value add analysis
- Excellent data collection and computing skills with attention to details
- Intellectually curious and a clear and critical thinker
- Strong Investigative and communicative skills - ability to use data to "tell a story" to finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Strong team and people management/ leadership skills : enthusiastically builds, manages, mentors and inspires teams; Challenges people to set and achieve ambitious goals and holds them accountable.
- Knowledge of current tools Anaplan, Tableau, Netsuite and Salesforce a plus - knowledge of other financial planning software (e.g. Hyperion, Adaptive, Prophix) may also be relevant
- Expert excel skills and proven financial modeling skills a necessity
- Great English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level minimum)
- Interest in Education and OpenClassrooms mission
- Innovative with the confidence to embrace new ways of doing things, including automating functions, finding scalable solutions and driving continuous improvement
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Relevant masters degree or relevant professional qualification and experience (8+ years, of which at least 3 years as a leader)
Reports to CFO, Laela
The journey starts with a phone interview with Burcu (HR team member) (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face (Google Meet/ ZOOM) meetings with:
- Yulia, HR (45 minutes)
- Laela, CFO, (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case,…) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager (1 hour)
- 2 or 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (2 hours)
- Meet with members of OpenClassrooms Executive C-team (1 hour)
- We'll also take time for you to walk around our facilities and have chats with our people if possible.
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail.
WHY JOIN US
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook/PC
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you! Apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!