Director, Regional Social Programs
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 millions of students from around the world.
Welcome to the revolution of education ! #BecomeFutureProof
At OpenClassrooms, the Social Programs Team is committed to helping a wide variety of populations access high quality job training, including unemployed people, people with disabilities, refugees, and inmates. Our programs focus not only on developing job skills that are in high demand within the digital economy but ensuring that trainees are successfully placed in the workforce. We work closely with government bodies, local authorities, as well as private organizations, all of which play a vital role in supporting this objective.
As Regional Social Programs Director, you will draw on your significant experience working with local authorities to oversee, develop, and expand our partnerships with regional governments, organizations like the OPCA/OPCO, and municipal authorities.
You’ll coordinate, report on, and streamline those partnerships. Since the continual improvement and strengthening of our program model is central to our work, a results-oriented mindset is key for success in this role.
You have demonstrated excellent managerial capacities in previous roles and have a strong interest in the digital revolution.
You are a team player and have a proven ability to break down silos within organizations.
In this role, you will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms, collaborating with every department from Education and Customer Success to Tech and Product. You take initiative and are constantly seeking to learn new things. You are ready to join an agile and rapidly evolving organization and share its ultimate goal: making education accessible.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate relationships with local authorities and partners: proactively source opportunities, develop partnerships, oversee projects, and answer RFPs
- Lead calls, presentations, visits
- Identify issues and fix them
- Source short or long-term opportunities
- Represent OC publicly in exhibitions or events
- Act as the escalation point to fix issues once and for all
- Liaise with all relevant contacts both internally and externally to ensure that negotiations and deals progress smoothly. Internal contacts include: Education, Student and Employer Success, Marketing, Product
- Ensure that both individual and team targets are achieved (in terms of job placement and revenue) within budgetary constraints.
- Produce accurate financial forecast reports
- Communicate results internally and externally
- Confirmed background in political science and management
- Management skills
- Highly detail-oriented and capable of detecting opportunities
- Deep knowledge and understanding of local authorities’ restrictions.
- Knowledge of public sector procurement processes and public sector procurement vehicles
- Comfortable using multiple platforms and SaaS tools to increase efficiency
- Strategic thinking; able to bring solutions to virtually any problem or challenge that comes up
- A solid grasp of the dynamics of retraining schemes in France and a good understanding of the reforms in the professional education sector
- Automation mindset: you have a natural tendency to eliminate superfluous tasks and make business processes simple,
- Strong writing skills and contribute to creating processes as well as documenting them
- Ability to interact with public bodies and private organizations at any level
- Be a world-class contributor to thrive at OpenClassrooms, you will not just be here to tell people what to do
- Results-oriented and proactive about managing tasks, you are highly motivated by our mission Team-player
- Excellent English and French written and oral communication skills (minimum C1 level in both languages)
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Confirmed background in political science and management,
- 5-7+ years of professional experience working with a variety of local authorities
- A solid grasp of the dynamics of social programs in France (and abroad) is a plus
Reports to the VP Social Programs
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with Audrey, Talent Acquisition Manager (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- Esther, VP Social Programs (1 hour)
- Audrey, Talent Acquisition Manager (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (study case) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager (1 hour)
- 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (2 hours)
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎