Employer Success Manager
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all. OpenClassrooms is a startup founded by Mathieu Nebra and Pierre Dubuc. We’ve been going through a hyper-growth phase since our last round of series B funding in the amount of $60M during the first half of 2018. Over 3M people per month train themselves on our platform. By 2025, we aim to place 1M students per year in the workforce.
At OpenClassrooms, the Student & Employer Success (SES) Team is here to guarantee ROI for our customers: students and employers alike. The SES Team ensures our students and employers get the best possible experience with us.
We’re expanding our proactive Employer Success Team to help us proactively managing the relationship with our growing number of enterprise and B2B clients. We take Employer Success seriously at OpenClassrooms. Our Employer Success team is dedicated to going above and beyond for our B2B clients day in and day out. We are looking an individual with exceptional customer service skills to deliver world class service to all of our employer clients and ensure they achieve their educational goals on our platform.
You are a customer success guru, you love interacting with people and solving tricky problems. You’re extremely independent and autonomous: you can make things happen without someone saying so, with minimal management. “Continuous improvement” is second nature to you as you obsess over details and persist to make things just “perfect” for our students. If that’s you, then you might just be ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
By 2025, we expect to place 1M students per year into the workforce. Customer Success is essential to our growth, it’s who we are. OpenClassrooms is a small, fast-growing, and globally distributed company, so you’ll likely get to work on many projects across the organization.
That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Manage the relationship with your assigned B2B customers ranging from HR and Tech Executives to team managers within both CAC-40 companies (and Fortune 1000 companies) and small businesses
- Serve as strategic advisor to our B2B clients to ensure the success of our program service delivery
- Build and manage engagement programs that delight customers, secure customer satisfaction and loyalty, driving high renewal rates and low churn while influencing up-sell
- Contribute to creating a unique, modern, and relevant tone of voice to interact with OpenClassrooms’ customers
- Route specific queries to other departments when appropriate. You should be comfortable discussing product capabilities and being the employer’ voice internally
- Organize, analyze, and escalate employer feedback to help our Product Team improve our educational platform
- Experiment through iterations with a continuous improvement mindset in order to improve our internal processes and create efficiencies
o When it comes to process creation, we go by what we call “the golden cycle”: Discover (do it yourself manually), standardize (make sure the process is manually replicable), actually processize (document in writing on our internal Wiki, Notion. so), and automate (with SaaS tools and technical developments)
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English (C1 level at the very least in both languages)
- A love and natural affinity for service and customer satisfaction. You’re naturally empathetic and able to communicate in ways that empower, not belittle
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously: you can work several hours with minimal supervision
- Comfortable taking initiatives and making decisions on your own
- Flexible and adaptable to work in an extremely fast-changing environment. Your job duties will change and evolve constantly
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. You can multitask like no one else
- Desire to work in a performance focused, KPI-oriented team and in a transparent environment
- Strong wish to give and receive feedback frequently in a nonaggressive fashion and regardless of seniority or rank
- Advanced MS Excel skills (you OWN Pivot Tables, maybe even Excel Macros)
- Data analysis skills to review, understand, and act on internal reports
- High level of comfort with SaaS tools and platforms. You can ease your way through virtually any online tool within minutes
- A true passion for education coupled with an acute business acumen. You can align with both mission and revenue goals
- Common sense!
- We work when our customers need us so you need to be able to work on a set schedule
Bonus Points if you geek out on: Automation (Python programming, Excel, Zapier, etc.), CRM tools, SQL query writing, API integrations
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or master’s level education
- 5 to 10 years overall professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in a customer success role with KPI’s
- 2+ years of experience working at a SaaS provider
- 2+ years’ experience working with Human Resources departments, Learning & Development departments, or in the staffing industry (staffing agency, headhunting, etc.)
- Experience with ticketing tools (Zendesk, Freshdesk, HelpScout, etc.), and experience with our tech stack preferred (Slack, Zendesk, Zapier, G-Suite, AirCall, Asana, etc.)
Reports to the VP, Employer Success
The journey starts with a phone interview with Audrey, Talent Acquisition Manager (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- David, VP, Employer Success and Audrey, Talent Acquisition Manager
- (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (study case) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager (1 hour)
- 2 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (1 hour)
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 3 professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
Highly competitive salary: as we said, we take Customer Success seriously here at OpenClassrooms
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎