OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 2 million students from around the world.OpenClassrooms is accelerating its business development and is looking for people passionate about making education accessible and helping employers manage their talents.
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Product and Tech team in Paris. The team focuses on building our educational platform to make our students successful.
As a leader in this part of the organization, technical leadership and a background in software development are important to be able to challenge and grow our engineers. However, the role is at the same time people-first and technology first.
Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that your team members are growing, performing well, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at OpenClassrooms. You’ll work together with other leads to build strong teams, provide technical leadership, and ensure we have a world-class engineering organization.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to work across the larger organization on different challenging projects.
Reports to the CTO.
The overall responsibilities of the Engineering Manager, are:
- Work with engineers to grow their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills, and ensure they have the right challenges and necessary context to make use of them.
- Build and manage a team of developers focused on addressing our educational vision and ambition.
- Participate in discussions about software architecture.
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the team (Clean Code, TDD, CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of OpenClassrooms
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class promotional courses, programs and platforms
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, hire, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software developers.
- You have excellent communication skills with which to build relationships, trust, and respect, and are able to leverage this to grow people and the organization.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about current development best practices.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills while working with engineers.
- You are excited about making cultural choices that positively impact the team.
- You have familiarity and experience operating in complex tech organizations that work with a product that handles users at scale, making use of agile methodologies and tools.
- The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelor degree
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Possibility to access professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We highly value a workplace free from discrimination and we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our students. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of revolutionizing Education.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎