Head of support - Mentoring & Coaching Team
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 millions of students from around the world.
Welcome to the revolution of education ! #BecomeFutureProof
Different from all other online learning platforms, our Career Paths include weekly, one-on-one mentorship sessions with a dedicated professional in each field, supporting our students through their studies.
And moreover, at the end of a diploma program, career coaches help our students find a job in their target fields, also with weekly one-on-one video conference calls.
To support that, the Mentoring & Coaching Team is here to guarantee the quality and the satisfaction of our mentors and coaches.
They ensure these professionals get the best possible experience with OpenClassrooms. The Mentoring & Coaching Team handles both inbound reactive support and outbound proactive actions to get Mentors & Coaches success.
At the moment, we want to create an autonomous Support Team to help us reach outstanding response times in the highest quality of service.
Mentors and Coaches are the human faces of our product at OpenClassrooms. For this reason, we need to answer all their questions (content or teaching questions, technical issues, student-related issues, administrative topics…) in the most efficient way.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional customer service skills to deliver world class service to all of our mentors and coaches and ensure they achieve our educational goals on our platform. You are a Support guru, you love interacting with people and solving tricky problems. You’re extremely independent and autonomous: you can make things happen without someone saying so, with minimal management. “Continuous improvement” is second nature to you as you obsess over details and persist to make things just “perfect” for our freelancers.
In addition to that, you are fan of the digital world. Python, Web development, Data analysis, Cloud computing, UX Design, Product Management … all these worlds ring a bell to you. You wish you had time to learn more about these topics.
If that’s you, then you might just be ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
By 2025, we expect to place one million students per year into the workforce. Our 1 000 Mentors and 100 Coaches are on the frontline everyday to make this happen.
OpenClassrooms is a small, fast-growing, and globally distributed company, so you’ll likely get to work on many projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
Help hundreds of mentors and coaches per week troubleshooting their issues, answering their questions
- 6 Mentor Success Managers are using Zendesk as a ticketing system. To gain better results in our support management, we want to create a Support Team. You will be the first person in that team, in charge of building all the processes. This team will grow quickly and you might be the manager of the new employees if you perform well.
- Our team currently handles 100 tickets per day. You will be able to answer to all of these requests or to route them to the right Mentor Success Manager when appropriate.
- You will be in charge of Support (reactive answers) while the rest of the team is in charge of Success. Your main KPI is Satisfaction while the rest of the team is driven by Quality.
- You’ll work on technical and non-technical problems alike, pertaining to educational content and programs, platform usage, students issues, and many other topics
- Deliver top notch self-service: Write documentation and develop resources to help Mentors & Coaches help themselves on our Help Center.
- Organize, analyze, and escalate Mentors & Coaches feedback to help our Product Team improve our educational platform.
- Work on projects related to improve our best practices, self-service, documentation, and tech tools
- Turn existing time-consuming processes into sustainable and scalable automated tasks when possible
- Extract, analyze, organize, and present our support-related data to: Measure the impact of our efforts on our partners community and continue iterating towards excellence with a data-driven approach. Ensure we hit our targets. Here are some of our KPIs: Mentors & Coaches NPS, time for first response, time for complete resolution, overall satisfaction.
- Live by and exemplify our core values in everything you do. At OpenClassrooms, we CARE, DARE, PERSIST, and TELL IT AS IT IS
- Most importantly, you’ll contribute to the creation and implementation of all this! A lot of the above is not done yet and we need your creativity and skills to get it off the ground
- A love and natural affinity for service and customer satisfaction. You’re naturally empathetic and able to communicate in ways that empower, not belittle
- Ability to work autonomously: you can work several hours with minimal supervision
- Comfortable taking initiatives and making decisions on your own
- Flexible and adaptable to work in an extremely fast-changing environment. Your job duties will change and evolve constantly
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. You can multitask like no one else
- Desire to work in a performance focused, KPI-oriented team and in a transparent environment
- Strong wish to give and receive feedback frequently in a nonaggressive fashion and regardless of seniority or rank
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Data analysis skills to review, understand, and act on internal reports
- High level of comfort with SaaS tools and platforms. You can ease your way through virtually any online tool within minutes
- A true passion for education coupled with an acute business acumen. You can align with both mission and revenue goals
- We work when our Mentors & Coaches need us so you need to be able to work on a set schedule
- Bonus Points if you geek out on: Automation (Python programming, Excel, Zapier, etc.), CRM tools, SQL query writing, API integrations
- Additional Bonus Points if you have skills in Coding, Data, Infrastructure or Project Management
- Great English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (B2 level at the very least in both languages)
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education
- 5 years overall professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in a customer success role with KPI’s
- 3+ years of experience working at a Startup, in a Tech or HR software environment
- Experience with ticketing tools (Zendesk, Freshdesk, HelpScout, etc.), and experience with our tech stack preferred (Slack, Zendesk, Zapier, G-Suite, AirCall, Asana, etc.)
Reports to VP Mentoring & Coaching Team
The journey starts with a phone interview with Marie, Mentorship Manager (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- Thomas, VP Mentorship (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case,…) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- Meet with Audrey, Talent Acquisition Manager (1 hour)
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager (2 hours)
- 2 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (1 hour)
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎