OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 2 million students from around the world. OpenClassrooms is accelerating its business development and is looking for people passionate about making education accessible and helping employers manage their talents.
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
As an iOS developer, you will be in charge of developing the iOS applications of OpenClassrooms. Following the programming best practices your role will be to ensure the high quality and robustness of the code.
As a member of the OpenClassrooms Tech Team, you will provide feedback to our UX/UI designers, talk coding and technical specification with developers, implement feedback from QA engineers, and help product managers to define the product. Eventually, you could write blog articles and/or give conferences and be an active member of the iOS community.
What will you do?
You will design, build, and maintain our education platform
You will work cross-team to develop new features
You will propose new ideas to improve and iterate on our product and assess their impact
You will interact with your teammates via peer programing and review, development workload refinement, and evaluation
You will contribute ideas to improve our engineering standards and processes
- Code with Swift
- Write unit tests
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have at least 4 years of experience as an iOS Developer
- You are able to combine strategic thinking and operational excellence
- You are able to work in an agile and constantly moving environment
- You understand Solid Object-oriented design (Design Pattern, SOLID, …)
- You have Swift and iOS SDK knowledge
- You are experienced working with versioning tools, such as Git
- You are passionate about your job and constant learning
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
Get in touch with our Engineering Manager over the phone
Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office
Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
If you want to know more about the Tech team: https://medium.com/openclassrooms-product-design-and-engineering
More about us
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. Non-EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).
More information: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees