People Operations Manager
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 2 million students from around the world.
OpenClassrooms is accelerating its business development and is looking for people passionate about making education accessible and helping employers manage their talents.
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
Managing data, payrolls and social charges are the 3 main aspects of this position. Here is how they would reflect on a daily basis :
50% of the time, you will take ownership of the HR data and ensure data integrity by cleansing and regularly auditing data in our systems and trackers. You will work closely together with the other members of the HR team members to understand what data insights they need to make informed decisions and share regular reports in a user-friendly format, to report on key data and help analyse trends
40% of the time, you will be responsible for the payroll process in all the locations where Openclassrooms is present (France, UK, US and Spain - and other countries in the future - as we continue our international development). You’ll ensure that deadlines are met and payroll data is accurately captured for the monthly pay run.
10% of the time, you will manage social charges and other HR-related taxes to guarantee that Openclassrooms stays compliant with all relevant local rules. This includes the interaction with the different relevant government bodies and the effective support of our team members on these matters.
Other than that, we expect you to be able to take in charge other aspects of the position, such as :
- Together with the People Operations Coordinator - that you will be managing - you’ll be the first point of contact for HR queries from Openclassrooms’ team members. Customer-centric, you’ll make sure that team members have all their questions answered in a timely and efficient manner.
- You’ll ensure that all employees related documents are executed and kept in line with the local legal requirements and our internal procedures.
- You’ll optimize our usage of HR tools and improve a culture of self-service at Openclassrooms by creating, standardizing, automating and/ or improving toolkits for key processes.
YOU WILL LOVE THIS JOB IF:
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you have a growth mindset, continuously striving for creative ways to approach situations and improving the experience of all team members.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At least 5 years of experience in working in an international People Operations team with a strong customer-centric approach
Deep knowledge of French payroll processes and experience with managing other countries’ payroll
Detail-oriented & data-driven team member with excellent organisation skills - the ability to plan and organise work
- Great knowledge of implementing, managing and integrating different HR systems & tools
- Knowledge and experience in French employment law & employee relations
- Excellent communication skills (in French and in English), ethics, & cultural awareness
- Positive attitude, "can-do" approach and convinced that the best work happens when we work as a team
WHY JOIN US?
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
- Possibility to access professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- The journey starts with a phone interview with Talent Acquisition Manager (20 min)
- Then 2 face-to-face (virtual) meetings: one with the HRBP ( 1 hour), and the other with the CHRO ( 1 hour)
- A 2h business case, where we’ll be assessing the core competencies for this role.
- For the very final round, you will meet other teams in OpenClassrooms (Brand & Comms, Education, Employers & Student Success, Finance…)
- You will be asked to provide us with professional references including contact details.
Excited? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to submit your application.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are:
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!