Principal Business analyst
We are looking for a Business analyst to join our team in Paris. The team focuses on building our educational platform to make our students successful.
You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineering, and QA teams. You will join a squad (or feature team) and work on the specific scope of our educational platform.
What will you do?
- When the PM focus on "what and why", you focus on the "how"
- You drive the requirements engineering to enable new business capabilities
- You design Use Case, Domain Model and workflows using UML or SysML
- Provide technical insights to Product Managers to challenge and support their vision
- Work on continuous improvement of our platform processes to stick to market best practices
More about the way we think a solution.
You might be a fit for this position if:
- 5+ years in a similar position
- Strong expertise in System Modeling, especially using a Use Case Driven approach or Unified Process
- Advanced skills in UML, SysML, BPMN
- Iterate, increment and adapt is, for you, the best way of working
- You easily switch between macro and micro point of view
- You're passionate by both functional and technical aspects of a project
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
Get in touch with your future manager over the phone
Discuss your skills with the Tech Team in our office
Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo fully paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) and remote medical consultations for free (entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorised by law)
- Access to gym, well-being activities and massages for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ bonus paid once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- Salary transparency to ensure fairness
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
If you want to know more about the Tech team: https://medium.com/openclassrooms-product-design-and-engineering
More about us
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎