Procurement & Contracts Manager
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a Procurement/ Contracts Manager to join OpenClassrooms reporting directly to the CFO - to manage external supplier contracts across the organization, negotiating the best possible/most favourable rates/ value for money and ensuring budget compliance.
This is a new role at OpenClassrooms and the successful candidate will be confident in coming in and establishing it to add value as quickly as possible.
You will be a self-motivated entrepreneurial individual with an eye for detail and a flair for negotiating. Commercial vendor contracts experience and/or project management skills would be a plus. As well as optimising costs and savings for the Company you will pro-actively work across departments to ensure coordinated procurement and waste elimination. You will be comfortable liaising with senior budget holders and operational stakeholders and work closely with legal and finance.
This role can be fully remote or office based. Given most of the business activity is currently in France - it would make sense for the successful candidate to be based there or in the UK and to be a fluent English and French speaker.
In this role, you will:
- Managing the end to end lifecycle (work on RFPs, contracts and business landscape research) of third-party vendors in particular software and technology procurement and management.
- Act as a business partner providing purchasing support and expertise to all internal customers and leveraging relationships with suppliers to ensure that OpenClassrooms achieves the best costs and is supported in achieving its mission. Direct the negotiation of agreements, and lead the establishment of contracts to decrease total cost with specified quality and service levels and ensure supply security, and ensure that savings are tracked according to group guidelines.
- Looking after a portfolio of vendors and contracts; requires development of new strategic vendor relationships, driving negotiations, managing growth and demand levers to ensure cost optimization and operational performance.
- Working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from junior to C level including to help execute procurement models that align with the global business growth and with the legal and commercial frameworks agreed with the clients
- Manage vendor relationships including monitoring vendor performance against service level agreements (SLAs) and issue resolution and progressive service enhancements.
- Contribute to improving our efficiency (both regarding contracts and regarding vendor management processes) and to Procurement where possible.
- Drive implementation of Vendor Management framework to ensure all vendor related activities are documented to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Introduce and/or maintain governance meetings with vendors to drive performance and create a strategic relationship that is forward looking.
- Identify key global contract terms to standardize and update across contracts, and standardize terms.
- Support vendor selection, onboarding, and vendor alignment to strategy.
- Challenge vendors and drive strategic contract negotiations to align with OpenClassrooms compliance and control requirements.
- Organise and maintain contracts database (currently on Concord) and scope and assist with the implementation and utilization of Procurement systems and tools
- Establish a Supplier Code of Conduct - evaluate and monitor ethical, social and environmental indicators of suppliers. Design a toolkit to help suppliers get started if they are not there yet. Ensure full details on suppliers relative to our B Corp certification are maintained up to date and on record concerning certain ethical details such as:
- Is the supplier company independently-owned (ie. NOT a subsidiary, NOT publicly-traded)
- Is the supplier company majority-owned by women or individuals from underrepresented groups?
- Does your company require this supplier to adopt a formal Supplier Code of Conduct?
- Does your company screen or evaluate Significant Suppliers for social and environmental impact?
- Strong commercial instinct
- Familiarity with procurement principles and best practices and ability to identify opportunities and effectively drive improvement
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and SaaS contract management
- Professional knowledge of supplier contract management, contractual documentation, terms and conditions
- Strong budget management skills and experience
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Data Privacy, Business Continuity, Information and Cyber Risk, Technology Resilience and Vendor Risk Management
- Basic understanding and knowledge of operational risk management procedures and controls
- Ability to work as an Independent individual contributor whilst liaising and collaborating closely with people and other functions remotely
- Excellent data collection and computing skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Curious, investigative and analytical
- Results driven
- Exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and excellent MS Office and Google Docs web application skills
- Positive attitude, "can-do" approach, team-player and decisive team leader
- Excellent organisation skills - ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
- Fluent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 in both languages)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant professional experience with proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams, driving results
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and cloud-based product development
- Experience creating a new function from scratch
- Relevant qualifications a plus (business/administration/finance/IT/legal)
Reports to CFO
The journey starts with a phone interview with an HR team member
For the 1st round of interviews we plan video-meetings with:
- Finance Team Members
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case,...)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 or 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms
- HR video-interview
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
Benefits are dependent on location, but may include:
- Remote working encouraged for employees based in FR or UK
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎