As part of our development in France and internationally, we are looking for a Product Designer to help take our platform to the next level.
Your role is to envision how people experience OpenClassrooms in terms of usability, usefulness, and visual design. Using your prior knowledge and experience - alongside our data - you provide useful analysis to improve the OpenClassrooms platform and design a flawless user journey. You’ll work alongside Product Manager and Creative Director to bring that vision to life.
What will you do?
- You will write user stories and create personas, conduct benchmarks, run and monitor user tests
- You will provide product improvement ideas
- You will take part in team brainstorming and UX mapping meetings
- You will design the interface (wireframing, web and mobile prototyping etc.)
- You will follow style guide, branding and Material Design UI standards on all projects
- You will up keep and maintain style guide in Figma
- You will work on large UI projects from start to finish on Responsive Web and native mobile application
- You will uphold AA Accessibility design standards
- You will ensure that developers have all assets necessary to execute design
- You will present and defend your ideas in front of the team and well as participate in features and design meetings, with ideas eventually reaching our 2.5 million users across the world.
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have at least 4 years experience in UX design, UX research, interaction design or UI Design
- You are able to combine strategic thinking and operational excellence
- You have a good knowledge of UX methodologies, and a strong interest in interface design following Material design guidelines
- You master the wireframing tools (Figma, Sketch, Axure or Balsamiq)
- Curious, passionate, you see the world in pixels, patterns and interactions
- You have experience working with native IOS and/or Android
- You are familiar with fundamentals of graphic design such as color theory, contrast and composition and with AA Accessibility design standards
- You flourish to work in fast paced agile environment
- You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
Get in touch with someone from the design team over the phone
Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office
Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Public transport pass paid in full by OpenClassrooms
- Additional health insurance through a mutuelle paid in full by OpenClassrooms.
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Gym membership (GymPass paid in full by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a €1,000 bonus once a year for those who take 15+ days of vacation in a row (bonus available after 1 year of employment)
- Ability to work remotely up to 4 days a month
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high-quality
- Salary transparency which ensuring fairness
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
More about us
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. Non EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).
More information: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees