Program Manager - Social Program Pre Apprenticeship
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all. OpenClassrooms is a startup founded by Mathieu Nebra and Pierre Dubuc. We’ve been going through a hyper-growth phase since our last round of series B funding in the amount of $60M during the first half of 2018. Over 3M people per month train themselves on our platform. By 2025, we aim to place 1M students per year in the workforce.
At OpenClassrooms, the Customer Success Team is here to guarantee ROI for our customers: employers and funding bodies (Pole Emploi, OPCOs, etc.). The Social Program Success Team ensures our partners get the best possible experience with us through excellence in project delivery. They oversee, coordinate, and sometimes manage many areas of the delivery from candidate sourcing to reporting and billing.
We’re launching a multi-million € project co-funded by the French government and private institutions to onboard thousands of currently under-qualified trainees, in under-served areas (Seine-Saint-Denis for example), on a 4 months program made up of the following milestones:
- Orientation services to help trainees choose a career path (one month)
- Accelerated training on the chosen technical path to help trainees acquire key hard skills (2 months)
- Career coaching (1 month) to help trainees find an apprenticeship contract with one of our partner employers
This program sets new frontiers for OpenClassrooms, in terms of volumes (3 320 students to onboard), of targeted audiences (mainly NEETs), and of pedagogical methods (combination of coaching and training within the same program).
To address this challenge, we’re looking for a unique and versatile Program Manager with strong experience in project management, and significant business acumen.
You are a proven leader with a track record of building and managing strong processes towards hitting specific KPIs. You have a solid knowledge of most - if not all - key players and processes in the world of professional training (formation professionnelle) in France and job placement (retour vers l’emploi). You are able to interact with senior and junior stakeholders alike.
Reports to: Director, Social Program Success
Department: Social Programs Success
In this role, you would:
- Either lead, coordinate, manage, or actually take part in the following steps of the overall project plan, mostly working with multiple teams across the organization:
- The Communications & Marketing Teams to properly promote the program internally and externally
- The Partnerships, Admissions, and Growth Teams to guarantee maximum enrollment levels in the Program (recrutement de stagiaires)
- The Financial Aid properly enroll all new student (entrée en formation)
- The Coaching, Mentorship, and Education-related Learning Teams to maximize student success throughout the training program (taux de certification, etc.)
- The Employers, Matching, Social Programs, and Career Services Teams to develop a job placement action plan and achieve a 75% job placement rate for the Program trainees (retour vers l’emploi), and helping them finding an apprenticeship contract (contrat d’apprentissage) at the end of the program.
- The Finance (and all other involved Teams) Team to track budget adherence and support our billing efforts throughout the Program
- And of course, the Data and Product Teams to maximize efficiency/scalability throughout the program and be able to report back on all relevant metrics
- Build, lead, and scale a world-class student success team assigned to this Pre-Apprentissage program, to maximize student success throughout the trainee program (progression rate, completion rate...) to:
- Help students via email, phone, chat, social media, troubleshooting their issues, answering their questions, and proactively reaching out to them with a view to maximizing students’ retention:
- We use Zendesk as a ticketing system. Our Student Success Managers handle 50 to 100 tickets and about 20 calls per day
- You’ll work on technical and non-technical problems alike, pertaining to educational content and programs, platform usage, financial aid, and many other topics
- From onboarding to graduation, build programs that delight students, improve loyalty and can scale within a rapidly growing business
- Community manage the students community on Workplace by Facebook (data-driven content planning and creation, social media community management, etc.)
- Leverage CRM tools and email marketing to scale student success programs
- Define, measure, track, and report back on the Program’s KPIs weekly, monthly, and as needed
- Create and manage action plans in order to achieve goals and/or course-correct existing plans when needed
- Escalate qualitative and quantitative feedback the right way and through the appropriate channels with respect to the Program
- Large project and budget management skills
- Leadership and ability to break down silos
- A true passion for education, professional training, and job placement (helping others succeed)
- People management skills
- Data-driven and results-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure towards specific KPI’s
- Ability to organize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks, identifying opportunities to make them more efficient
- Knowledge of the administrative and funding tasks in the Professional Training industry would be a significant asset
- Understanding of government-sponsored Professional Training key players would be considered a significant asset (OPCA/OPCOs, FPSPP, Pôle Emploi, etc.)
- Tech-savvy (experience with most of the following tech stack would be a bonus: Slack, Salesforce, Pack Office, G-Suite, ATS and other recruiting tools, etc.)
- Minimum of C1 level in both French and English
- Bonus: experience in the Elearning/EdTech industry (FOAD)
- Bonus: knowledge and understanding of the French job market, and more specifically in Seine-Saint-Denis and Hauts-de-France
- 5+ years of successful project management
- 3+ years of experience working in the professional training and job placement industry (dans le domaine de la formation professionnelle et/ou l’insertion professionnelle)
- 3+ years of people management experience
- A solid grasp of apprenticeship (alternance) recruitment dynamics in France
- Bonus: 1+ year Startup experience
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with Talent Acquisition Manager, Hiring Manager.
Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Mathilde, Director Social Program Success & David, VP, Customer Success
- Jeremy, Chief Customer Success Officer
- And a few other people from teams across the organization
You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact details.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to the gym for free
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- Access to a brand new OC MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees