Python developer / Data Engineer
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
OpenClassrooms is looking for a Python developer / Data Engineer, in charge of designing and implementing automation of our business services. We are seeking a problem-solver and an idea-generator who is able to anticipate both technical and business issues and to implement solutions. You will be at the crossroads of data and development.
What will you do?
- You will design, build, and maintain our automation platform
- You will gather and provide readable data ensuring consistency and security
- You will interact with your teammates via peer programing and review, development workload refinement, and evaluation
- You will contribute ideas to improve our engineering standards and processes
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have at least 4 years experience as a backend Python developer or data engineer
- You are passionate by best practices, work in TDD and use to CI/CD
- You are proficient in Python and SQL
- You are familiar with ETL
- You are able to build clean transformed and readable datasets
- You love to learn, improve yourself, and give and receive feedback
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
- Get in touch with our Engineering Manager over the phone
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Pass Navigo paid in full by OpenClassrooms
- Additional health insurance through a mutuelle paid in full by OpenClassrooms.
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Gym membership (GymPass paid in full by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a €1,000 bonus once a year for those who take 15+ days of vacation in a row (bonus available after 1 year of employment)
- Ability to work remotely up to 4 days a month
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high-quality
- Salary transparency which ensuring fairness
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
If you want to know more about the Tech team: https://medium.com/openclassrooms-product-design-and-engineering
More about us
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. Non EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).
More information: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees