OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 2 million students from around the world.OpenClassrooms is accelerating its business development and is looking for people passionate about making education accessible and helping employers manage their talents.
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
Testing is evaluating a product by learning about it through exploration and experimentation, which includes to some degree: questioning, study, modelling, observation, inference,... (and plenty of other stuff).
We are looking for a Quality Engineer, in charge of exploratory testing and implementing test automation. We are seeking a problem-solver and an idea-maker who is able to anticipate both technical and business issues. You will join a new squad with a Product Manager, Product Designer, Solution Manager, Backend and Frontend Developers.
- Coach the squad towards a more mature quality culture
- Be a provider of information (to make decisions)
- Gain confidence in the product quality
- Defect prevention & detection
Our philosophy and principles:
Your primary responsibility is to drive the quality we expect from our product and therefore allow our users to always keep learning whenever and wherever they want!
In this role, you will:
- Take part in the projects from their designing to their deployment
- Analyse needs and requirements
- Perform exploratory testing
- Write automated tests (Web, API and iOS) and review the other code
- Participate in the improvement of the processes
- Collaborate with the team to build the expected solutions
- Share your knowledge with the existing QE team (7 people)
- Participate in stand-up meetings, commitments, tech analysis, retrospectives, kickoffs
You will report to the Quality Director.
The salary for this position is between €52,000 — €60,000 based on experience.
Desired Education & Experience
5+ years of experience in a Software Quality Engineer role
- Experience developing automated software tests (We use PHP with Codeception, Selenium, Appium)
- Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies & practices
- Strong understanding of web and REST APIs
- You are proficient in SQL
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- Love to learn, improve yourself, and give/receive feedback
- You can communicate both orally and in writing in both French and English
After your application you will:
- Get in touch with our Quality Director over the phone
- Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
- Meet with our CTO to discuss Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What we offer
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Possibility to access professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: our course "How do we work at OpenClassrooms"
If you want to know more about the Tech team: our blog "Product design and engineering"
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here:
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking up challenges, meeting awesome people every week, and changing the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎