Senior Legal Counsel
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 millions of students from around the world.
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
OpenClassrooms is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to work with cross-functional groups across the company and directly interface with OpenClassrooms customers.
In this role, you will:
- Support and partner with the Sales team in customer negotiations and contract drafting.
- Assist creating contract templates for the launch of OpenClassrooms’ brand proposition.
- Partner with OpenClassrooms internal clients and outside counsel to help ensure the company's compliance with laws, regulations and customer contracts.
- Analyze and advise stakeholders on intellectual property, education law, GDPR, corporate and commercial matters as required.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures, as well as fact sheets and other communications materials.
- Advise on any legislation that could have an impact on the OpenClassrooms’ services.
- Support the Legal team on ad-hoc projects, as the case may be.
- Good knowledge of GDPR principles and main IT security solutions.
- Proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts on the one hand and compliance (e.g. privacy, risk management) on the other hand.
- Fluent written and verbal English and French language skills, including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts.
- Flexibility and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced, commercially oriented technology company.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude, accustomed to working in an international environment.
- Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Collaborative team player combined with the ability to work independently.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- French law degree and Master’s degree in law (ideally LL.M or Master 2 in Intellectual Property/Digital Law).
- At least 7 years of combined experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department in technology and commercial transactions.
Reports to OpenClassrooms’s General Counsel
The journey starts with a phone interview with an HR team member (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- General Counsel (1 hour)
- 2 Team members of the hiring manager (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case…) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 or 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (1 hour)
- Meet with members of OpenClassrooms Board (1 hour) – for the Leadership role
HR Team Member (1 hour)
- We'll also take time for you to walk around our facilities and have chats with our people.
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here:
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎