Senior Product Designer - CDI
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 million students from around the world.
As part of our development in France and internationally, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us leverage our platform to the next level.
You’ll join the Product Design team which is already composed of a wide variety of profiles: Product Designers, UX Researchers and UX writers.
Your role will be to envision how people experience OpenClassrooms in terms of usability, usefulness, and visual design. Using your prior knowledge and experience - alongside our data - you’ll provide useful analysis to improve the OpenClassrooms platform, and design a flawless user journey. You’ll work in a squad, alongside Product Managers and developers to bring that vision to life.
What will you do?
- You'll conduct benchmarks, run and monitor user tests and be able to map our users & customers journey
- You'll take part in team brainstorming and design critique sessions
- You'll propose new ideas and work on them with the PM of your squad, in order to bring it to the roadmap
- You'll design the interface (wireframing, web and mobile prototyping etc.)
- You'll follow style guide, branding and our Design System assets (based on Material Design) on all projects
- You'll upkeep and maintain our design system in Figma & Zeroheight
- You'll work on large design projects from start to finish, on Responsive web as well as native mobile application
- You'll uphold AA Accessibility design standards
- You'll ensure that developers have all the necessary assets to integrate your design
- You'll present and defend your ideas in front of the team and will participate in features and design meetings, with ideas eventually reaching our 2.5 million users across the world
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have at least 4 years experience in product design, UX design, UX research, Interaction Design or UI Design
- You are able to combine strategic thinking and operational excellence
- You have a good knowledge of UX methodologies and a strong interest in interface design
- You master Figma as a design and prototyping tool
- You are used to work with a design system in place and know how to make it evolve
- You prototype your ideas, in low and high fidelity
- Curious & passionate, you see the world in components, patterns and user interactions
- You have experience working with native IOS and/or Android
- You are familiar with fundamentals of graphic design such as color theory, contrast and composition and with AA Accessibility design standards
- You flourish to work in fast paced agile environment
- You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate orally and in writing, both in French and English
After your application you will:
Get in touch with someone from the design team over the phone
Discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office
Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and our company culture
Meet with our CTO to understand Tech vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Navigo Pass paid in full by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms) and remote medical consultations for free
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
Feel free to get a gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
More about us
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here:
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, taking up challenges, meeting awesome people every week, and changing the world, a little bit, every day! 🌎
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof