Senior UI Designer
We are a small, but growing Product Design team. We are looking for a UI designer to work on our platform and mobile applications.
What will you do?
- You will follow the style guide, branding and Material Design UI standards on all projects
- You will upkeep and maintain our design system in Figma
- You will work on large UI projects from start to finish on Responsive Web and the native mobile application
- You will uphold AA Accessibility design standards
- You will collaborate with developers to ensure they have all assets necessary to execute design
- You will present and defend your ideas in front of the team as well as participate in features and design meetings, with ideas eventually reaching our 2.5 million users across the world.
You might be a fit for this position if:
- You have at least 4 years of experience in UI Design
- You have experience working with native IOS and/or Android
- You are able to combine strategic thinking and operational excellence
- You are familiar with the fundamentals of graphic design such as color theory, contrast and composition and with AA Accessibility design standards
- You are comfortable following a style guide and using a design system
- You are familiar with or willing to learn the Material design library
- You have mastered the wireframing tools (Figma, Sketch)
- You thrive in a fast paced agile environment
- You are meticulous with a keen eye for detail
- Curious, passionate, you see the world in pixels, patterns and interactions
- Reliability and kindness are part of your mindset
- You can communicate in English
After your application you will:
- Get in touch with someone from the design team over the phone
- Complete a case study and discuss your technical skills with the Tech Team in our office
- Meet HR and team members from outside of the Tech Team (Student Success, Revenue, Marketing, etc.) to learn about our values and company culture
- Meet with our CTO to understand the Product design vision: this is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all remaining questions you may have
You will also be asked to provide us with professional references.
What do we offer?
- Public transport pass paid in full by OpenClassrooms
- Additional health insurance through a mutuelle paid in full by OpenClassrooms.
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Gym membership (Gymlib paid in full by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a €1,000 bonus once a year for those who take 15+ days of vacation in a row (bonus available after 1 year of employment)
- Ability to work remotely up to 4 days a month
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect, and high-quality
- Salary transparency which ensuring fairness
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
More about us
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. Non EU candidates may benefit from an accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified accompanying family procedure available for immediate family members of the sponsored employee (spouse and dependent minor children).
More information: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees