Student Admissions Specialist
OpenClassrooms is accelerating its international development and is looking for people passionate about making education accessible and helping its students landing their dream job.
At OpenClassrooms, the Students Admissions team receives and assesses students’ applications to Apprenticeship and/or publicly/privately funded programs (POEC, Scholarships, private programs, etc.) in France and international markets (UK, US, Africa, etc.). While the Students growth marketing and Partnerships teams fill in the pool of qualified applicants, the Admissions team is responsible for evaluating and selecting applications, to be matched with a specific job or funding program. The Admissions specialist is responsible for the overall selection process of specific programs, including the organization of interviews.
The ideal candidate will deeply care about our potential Students and be proactive in providing guidance so they can succeed in the admission process, delivering top-notch service at every step of the process. Used to a fast-paced environment, she or he will be interested in always accelerating the process without sacrificing quality, as to manage an ever-growing pool of applicants. “Continuous improvement” is second nature to you as you obsess over details and persist to make things just “perfect” for our applicants. If that’s you, then you might just be ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the Students Admissions Director
- Assess, guide and advise applicants within their application to the different programs and training solutions (paths) to generate a high volume of candidates;
- Own and manage a pool of applicants and act as their representative in sync with the different teams (Communications, Growth Marketing, Financial Aid, Students Success etc.), while maintaining the best candidate’s experience;
- Plan and implement Admissions procedures and requirements for Openclassrooms’ different programs and paths, with a good knowledge of paths curriculum and career opportunities;
- Provide constructive feedback on admissions’ evaluation, with the setup and use of specific scorecards;
- Report, track and forecast program’s admissions performance through data analysis;
- Take part in the continuous improvement of the admission process and qualification tools, automating certain steps to function at scale while raising standards, share best practices and results with the rest of the team through documentation;
- Take part in promotional events (webinars, information sessions, fairs) presenting OpenClassrooms, our programs and education solution.
- Strategy leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- At least 2 years experience in a similar related position, within a higher education institution and experience with Apprenticeship programs
- A love and natural affinity for customer satisfaction, top-notch service. You are naturally empathetic and able to communicate in ways that empower;
- Bilingual in French and English;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and ready to take part in building processes almost from scratch at a fast pace;
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact;
- Desire to work in a performance-focused, KPI-oriented team in a transparent environment;
- A strong wish to give and receive feedback frequently in a non-aggressive fashion and regardless of seniority or rank;
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable playing with numbers, drawing key insights from analytics; you OWN Excel (pivot table included);
- Ability to define, document, standardize processes, share with the team and propose solutions for automation
- Deep interest in technology and experience working in a cross-functional environment along with growth marketing, data analysts & PMs;
- A passion for education.
What do we offer?
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo fully paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) and remote medical consultations for free (entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorised by law)
- Access to gym, well-being activities and massages for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off
- Possibility to work remotely 2 days per week
- Access to a brand new OC MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- Salary transparency to ensure fairness